𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮: Grumpy beginnings

The sun shone in my eyes as I shifted in the bed, realising I was alone I stood up, throwing one of Elliot's large t-shirts one before going over to my backpack and finding my small silver tin, which holds my engrained lighter and pack of cigarettes.

As I walked through his house, I saw him making some breakfast. "Breakfast?" He asked me, not even looking up.

"What you making?" I asked, going to charge my phone, before realising the phone didn't light up, showing its not charging, "Is there something wrong with this plug?"

"No, storms cut out the electricity across the cut." He replied, looking disappointed, "Anyway, pancakes?"

"Oh, yes. My favourite. I'm just gonna go for a smoke first." I said before stepping outside onto their porch, lighting my cigarette with my silver lighter, with the letter C engraved on it, which matched JJ's 'J' lighter.

I inhaled, the smoke filling my lungs and I released it, releasing all the guilt I felt for making Elliot so worried. I hated seeing him so worked up, especially since he was normally the calm one.

Just as I blew out the last puff of smoke, he shouted me in, signalling the food was ready. As I came into the kitchen, I saw Elliot eating his own set of pancakes and saw a plate with two next to him, I assumed these were mine. With a quick thanks, I sat down at the table and began to eat before looking at the clock and realising I had only 15 minutes to get to work. "Oh shit." I said before quickly jumping up and running towards Elliot's room where my uniform was.

"Language," Faith shouted from her own room, getting a grumble from me.

After getting changed and grabbing my bag, I walked into the main room, throwing my hair up in the process and quickly eating the last pancake, I turned to Elliot. "Hey, will you drop me off at work or I'll be late."

He turned to see my stressed face and just nodded, before standing up and shouting goodbye to his mum, he grabbed his jacket and keys before walking out of the house, me quickly behind him and he started up his bike. Passing me a helmet and putting one on himself, me and him jumped on his motorbike before we sped off, me holding tightly onto his waist.

___

Just as the bike, came to a stop outside the small Café, I stepped off, placing a small kiss on his lips before running into the shop. I gave Blake a small smile before walking into the back, putting my bag in my locker and throwing on my apron and grabbing my small notepad. Just as I walked back to the front, I noticed no customers as it was so early in the morning. As I turned to Blake, I saw her talking to a slim, blonde wavy haired girl, around my height.

I slowly walked over to the pair behind the counter with a blank face, not wanting to show any emotions to this unknown person. "Who are you?" I asked blankly as I watched the blondes smile drop slightly.

Blake gave a slight look before saying, "Casey this is Riley, and Riley this is Casey."

"Oh hey, we were just talking about you." She said before sticking her hand out for me to shake, which I rejected as I watched her eyes fall to the bruise which covered my arm, given to me by my dad in one of his fits of rage.

As I turned towards Blake, I just walked away already starting the day at a bad start.

I didn't trust the way she looked at me and Blake, as if she knew Blake. She didn't know her. Not like I do. And how she thought she could take her away from me in a second, well she can't.

___

It was now the end of my shift and I been getting more worked up all day, until now where my anger is bursting at the seems. Riley had been talking to Blake all day smiling and laughing with each other as if I wasn't there. And as much as I tried to be nice to her as Blake seemed to like her, I couldn't help myself from sending annoyed glances towards her.