𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟭: Coming out the closet

For a while, I had just laid here, listening as silence fell over the house- all except the rummaging of JJ in his bedroom. He always does this after a fight- he'll just pace. He can't sit still while I just lay in silence hoping the world will just swallow me whole. 

Compete silence suddenly fell over the house. Not a single sound. This is what scared me, not the bangs, not the sound of footsteps but silence. When its silent somethings about to happen and I dont know what it is. With the footsteps or banging I know what's happening with silence I dont. I dont like the unknown. 

Slowly, I walked out my room, "JJ?" I questioned as I saw him facing my dad on the couch. Walking towards him, I saw the gun in his hand, pointing towards my dad, "JJ, what are you doing?"

It shocked me to see JJ in this position, despite how much pain he had caused us, JJ had always loved him. The same with our mum. I always thought it would be me holding the gun, threatening their life in sakes of J. 

Walking towards him I tried to engulf him in a hug before he pushed me back, walking away as I stood shocked. Hes just stressed I told myself. He just needs time I told myself. But it still stung. Hes never pushed me away. 

___

I always do this; allow the waves wash away my thoughts. I seek the water, like a fish my mum used to say. I always have. What I seek is a very high breaker, on top of which I leap from behind, lying face downwards on my board. As the wave speeds on, and the bottom strikes the ground, the top breaks into a huge comber.

I pose myself on its highest edge by dexterous movements of my hands and feet, keeping just at the top of the curl, but always apparently coming down hill with a slanting motion. Always just ahead of the breaker, carried shoreward by its mighty impulse at the rate of forty miles an hour. I was always on the verge of engulfment by the fierce breaker whose towering white crest was ever above and just behind me. The great art is to mount the breaker at precisely the right time, and to keep exactly on its curl till it breaks.

___

I flicked my skateboard up as I walked into the house, hearing Blakes music upstairs. Walking into her room, I watched as she gasped, looking at the gruelly bruise on my neck. "Sorry, umm..."

"I know. It's bad." I interrupted as I slumped in her bed. Looking up I saw the dress on the door, reminding me its midsummer. "Anyway, Im gonna ask, like I do every year, why do I have to come? I'm not even a kook."

"Because I have to go and now it's just tradition. And anyway, it's basically just a big party that we can get drunk at." She answered as she applied her makeup. 

"Yeah, a big party with hundreds of kooks. Who if you dont remember, hate me." I told her as I scrubbed my face, already exhausted.

"Well, that normally doesnt stop us. Now let's get you a high neck dress." She grabbed my hands, dragging me up and into the wardrobe as she showed me a dress with a high collar to cover the nasty bruises. 

We've had to use dresses like this a few times now, especially during the year that I dated Rafe. I think thats why were so close. She and Sarah were the only ones who ever knew about my bruises and Rafe, JJ only knew half of what happened. 

___

We had all arrived at the event, me following the Averys around for a while like usual as they all act kind to the kooks while silently judging them for being selfish.

I watched as Willows smile dropped more and more with every person, she talks to, so I drag her and Blake to the dancefloor. Jumping around with them both, hand and hand as I watched Willows smile seem real.

Suddenly, the music quieted as the room fell silent, all heads turning in one direction. I turned towards where everyone's eyes were looking. I slightly backed up, falling into Blake, as my eyes locked with Rafe. Watching as he walked straight towards me, ignoring his dads calls, I grabbed Blakes hand before I began to speed walk away. 

"Casey, Casey! Blake!" I heard as I turned around to see Kiara running towards us, a smile on her face as she got to us. "Can- can I talk to you, in private?"

Watching as anxiety crossed her face, I gave her a smile, "Yeah, yeah. Come on." Walking into a room, waiting for the others to come in before locking it I turned to her, "Whats up?"

"Ive got something to get off my chest," she said surprising me. 

"What?" I asked as I turned to Blake in confusion

"I- I know that Blake is a lesbian so I thought you two would be the best to tell but Im bi." She quickly said as me and Blake began to giggle, watching as she panicked. "What? What's funny?"

"We know." Blake told her, making her seem even more confused.

"What?"

"Its obvious. The way you stare at girls as well as boys. How you are so nervous when we talk about Blakes past girlfriends. Have you told the boys yet?" I asked

"No, I just thought that I should tell you guys first, you know with everything thats been happening. I dont think they need anything else."

"You should tell them." Blake told her, patting her shoulder before walking out. 

___

Sorry its such a rubbish chapter but it's just a filler :)
977 words

Sorry its such a rubbish chapter but it's just a filler :)977 words