𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟰: I don't pity you

I had been up all night, thinking of a way to describe to Blake why I ran off and to finally explain that we are trying to find the Royal Merchant.

After overthinking the conversation all night, I decided to just blurt it out to her. So here I was walking up the Avery drive as I prepared myself for an explanation.

To my surprise, Blake was stood in the kitchen, what seemed to be waiting for me as I walked into the household. "Hey," I said as I gave her a small smile, it soon turning to a frown as she glared at me in anger.

"What the hell happened?" Blake asked as I walked over to the kitchen aisle, sitting at one of the barstools as I noticed my backpack thrown onto it.

"What?"

"Yesterday, you just ran out. No texts, nothing. I was worried." She explained with a frown.

"Me and JJ got kicked out, okay?" I snapped as I began to rummage in my bag for my phone, which I had left in the car with the bag yesterday before Midsummer.

"Casey."

"What!" I shouted as I spun round to face her, getting annoyed at how persistent she was being over something so small.

"Casey dont be like that." She replied sternly, her eyebrows knitted together.

"Like what Blake?" I answered as I felt my patience wearing thin.

"Self-destructive, pushing people away!" She waved his arms in the air her voice slightly raised.

"You have no right to tell me how to act Blake! I spent my whole life dealing with shit my way I don't need a lecture! I was only having some fun?" I hissed as I stood up from the chair, now taller than her as I looked down at her slightly in anger.

"Do you think its easy for me to see you ruin all your chances of having a good life?" She hissed back as my face twists into anger, watching her judge me like all the other kooks do.

"God, you're so pathetic. Dont you ever! Ever! Compare yourself to me, okay? You get everything while I get shit!" I shouted, gesturing to her house. Watching as Jade and Dallas walked in both asking what's going on.

"Casey-"

"No. Im not like you Blake. I dont have the same opportunities. I won't be able to get off the island, and I will always be judged and not trusted. Barley scraping by just to live a shitty life." I snapped as Dallas tried to interrupt again, "Girls-"

"You act like I dont try to help, but you dont fucking let me. You push me away, like with everyone." Blake snapped.

"This is what I mean, Blake. I'm not a fucking charity case that you can fix. Youre just like the rest of them, who think if they help a pogue, that they can relate but you fucking cant." I shouted in her face before Jade pushed me away

"Girls, stop." Dallas added before I walked out, slamming the door.

____

I sat on an old car, listening to the sound of birds in the trees around me as I breathed out the nicotine from my cigarette.

The sound of footsteps filled my ears as I looked up to see Blake walking over towards me. I glare at her before looking back at my lap, hearing her sit next to me. After a moment of silence, she spoke, "I dont pity you."

"What?"

"You said I pitied you, like the rest of them. But I dont. Im friends with you because I like you." She said as she turned to me.

"I know. Im... Im sorry, I just got stressed out especially with last night and I just took it out on you." I apologised before explaining to her what I meant, seeing her confused, "Yesterday, John B broke his wrist and J got stressed."

"What? How?"

"Its a long story. Basically, John Bs dad, whose died, was trying to find the Royal Merchants gold which is a sunken ship with gold in it. John B now has taken the task of continuing the search and has dragged us all in it. I didnt believe it at first but yesterday he said the gold is on the land and their was a letter. He said he needed a map and Sarah was supposed to be getting it and meet up with him. So yesterday, when he went to get it and Topper pushed him off hawks nest, which Im assuming to mean Sarah and John B are more than friends."

I watched as she looked shocked, sitting in silence as she staired at me, looking for lies but finding none before she said, "Right, and this is why you were stressed today."

"Yeah."

"Okay, well tell the Pogues if they need anything, that I can help. You know use my kook life to advantage." She joked

"Yeah, of course you will," I laughed

___
832 words

___ 832 words