𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟬: T is for trauma

"Stay in the car." He tells me as he tensely scurries out the car- indicating something was going to happen, something bad due to his tense posture, one I had seen one too many times.

I stay frozen in the car as I watch him run round the plan before a loud gunshot ran through my ears. I immediately jump out the can and run towards the sound. Rounding the corner, standing behind the tall boy I see the sheriff drop to the floor; blood quickly pooling around her.

I gasp, gaining his attention. He turns to me, his arms wrapping around me as he quickly repeatedly asked if I was okay. I stand frozen, staring into his chest as I hear the gurgles of Peterkin behind his frame.

The sudden voice of Sarah cuts through my deep breaths, "You're a monster!" She screams as she dropped to the floor beside Peterkin, John B soon following here.

Rafe soon pushes me behind him before turning and raising the gun towards the pair, John B quickly covering Sarah as she cries. I stare in shock at the teens as they both look back in fear. His shaky hands hold the gun at Sarahs chest as he spits, "I did it to save dad... I saved you dad." he cries.

I jump in front of the pair, covering their body with my own as Rafe lowers the gun, "Casey, what are you doing?"

"I'm not letting you shoot them, Rafe." I shout back. "You are not hurting them."

"No, no I'm saving my dad."

I continue to argue with him as the pair try to save her, tears running down their face. I watch as Ward drags him away, before quickly turning to the pair. "Is - is she dead?" I began to allow the tears flow down my face as I see her fall limp; I watch the women who always protected me die.

I stare, not being able to take my eyes of her blank eyes as commotion happens around me. "Casey, Casey we gotta go!" John B shouts as he tries to drag me away. "Casey!"

"No, no. Sarah!" I scream as he drags me away from the scene, away from Sarah.

We run, we run for ages through the woods, my legs forcing to cooperate as he drags me along with him. Suddenly we come out of a clearing and onto a road and a car comes speeding towards our bloody forms. John B moves out the way but my shocked form doesnt as the car hits me, me sliding over the bonnet before climbing off and backing away in fear as the driver gets out, looking at my bloodied shirt in shock, "Are you okay?" They ask, attempting to grab my hands as I limp away, trying to run but failing.

He finally stops running, bringing us to a stop in a building as I freeze, standing in silence as I rewatch the past two days in my head. The sudden voice of JJ fills my ears as I look up, seeing him run towards me as I back away in fear, "Casey? Casey, omg. You're here."

I see the shock in his face as I pull away from him, fear and upset filling my blood as I remember what Rafe said. He attempts to hug me before I push him away, "No, no."

He freezes as he looks at my tense form before just standing next to me, staring into my eyes as I stared at the floor.

___

The car jolts as we drive along the bumpy roads as I hear the group talking before JJ silences them. "I need to ring Blake."

The sudden sound of a ringtone fills the air before Blake quickly answers panicked. "JJ? Have you foun-"

"I found her." he says as she lets out a breath of relief. "Casey, its Blake." He tries to hand me the phone, his hand slow as if I was a timid animal as I cower in the corner, ignoring them all as he swallows deeply, the silence thick before he says into the phone, his voice slightly cracking in sadness "She won't talk, Blake. I don't know what to do."

___
708 words

___ 708 words