𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟯: After party chaos

Now at Rixons cove, I listened as John B explained the next step in the hunt for gold- me know understanding since JJ caught me up on details on the way here. "So, the gold never went down with the Royal Merchant."He began, my eyes squinting in disbelief.

"Oh, my god. Here we go again with this." Pope voiced my thoughts before Jj interrupted him, "No. All right, wait. Hear him out, all right?"

"Its been here the whole time. It's on the island."

"Are you serious?" Kiara looked between Jj and John B before laughing. "Oh my god."

"Im sorry but I still dont fucking believe you." I shrugged as John B stood up, walking towards me and Pope. "I knew you both wouldnt believe me, but can I please present you with evidence, sir and madam." he bowed before pulling out a letter as we both waved him off. "All right. So, I have a letter from Denmark Tanny."

"Who?" "Should we know who that is?"

"Denmark Tanny was a slave that survived the Royal Merchant wreck. Check this out."He showed us the letter, me scanning it to see an actual letter. "Slaves weren't mentioned as crew members on the ship, but my dad, he found the complete manifest. That was his big discovery. So Tanny used the gold from the merchant to but his Freedom. After that, he bought his farm."

"Tannyhill Plantation," Pope mumbled as realisation washed over his face.  

"Yeah. So after that, he used his money to free even more slaves, and then he sold a shit- ton of rice which pisses of all the white planters, and then they decide to lynch him. So on the day they were coming to get him, he writes a letter to his son as a farewell, and in the last line of that letter, he leaves a coded message about where to find the gold."

"Where?" Kie whispers excitedly as I looked over to the letter, reading out the code, "Harvest the wheat in parcel nine, near the water. Theres no wheat, only gold. The gold is in parcel nine, near the water." I said as I worked out the message watching as the groups faces lit up in surprise. "Now, I believe you."

"Okay, so. What's the plan?" Pope asked as we all turned back to John B

"Good question. So, Sarah Camerons coming tonight. She'll bring an original survey map- "

"Hold on. Sarah? Why- why Sarah?" Kie snapped as we all watched her- knowing whats coming.

"This is gonna be good. "JJ mumbled as I elbowed him, watching John B stutter.

"Sarah umm. She- she got me into the archives in Chapel Hill yesterday, and thats where I got the letter."

"You were in Chapel Hill with Sarah Cameron?"

"Yeah- um." "He was mackin on her." JJ added as I physically slapped myself on this face, not believing how stupid he was being. 

"I wasnt macking-" "You were totally macking Sarah Cameron."

"I wasnt macking on her, okay? I was using her for access." John B argued with Kiara as I began to block out the convosation. However, my interest peaked when Kiara screamed, "What? You let a Kook in on our secret? What about Pouge life? What- what about-"

"Kiara." I shouted over them all- silencing everyone. "Im sorry but Im not gonna let you talk about one of my best friends. I know you dont like her, but I do and so clearly does the rest of us so just shut up and let us do the plan."

"You dont know her, okay? I do, you cant trust her." Kiara argued back with me. 

"I dont know her? I dont fucking know her? Kiara, I spent a year in her house, her, Wheezie and Rafe basically being the only people I talked too. So yeah, I do know her and stop trying to turn all the pouges on her just because you had a childish argument, okay?" I shouted as I watched her fall silence, ignoring everyone as John B continued explaining the plan. 

___

Pope opened the door as we got ready to step out of the Twinkie so that we could meet Sarah at Hawks nest before John B stopped us. "Yo, uh... so, uh, I think Im gonna do this one by myself. Tonight."

"Alright, you do you." I mumbled as I ignored JJ and Popes comments as John B explained. "I dont want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery."

"I just dont understand why were involving her at all." Kiara complained as I rolled my eyes at her, getting a nudge in the leg from JJ as he pretends to deep throat his joint, causing me and Pope to snigger.

John B then stepped out the van, ignoring Popes complaints about the weather.  

____

It had been a while and I suddenly began to hear distant shouts for help. "Shh. Shut up. Can you hear that?" I asked gaining everyone's attention. Hearing another shout, we all jumped out and out the van, running towards it. Getting closer, I recognised it as Sarah and sped up, getting to her before the boys. 

Looking down I saw her crying over John Bs body which was sprayed out across the floor. "Sarah, what happened?" I asked as she looked up at me crying.

"I dont know what to do. He needs help. Topper shoved him."

"Where the hell is he?" JJ shouted as I could see him shaking with anger, "J!" I snapped

"Please, please, please get help. I dont care who. Just call someone." Sarah begged as I got up sprinting back the way we came from screaming for help as I heard Kiara shout for me to hurry.

___

"Guys come on." I mumbled as I stood up from the hospital seats, ignoring their tired declines. "You cant stay here all night. Hes fine and Sarahs going to stay with him, let me drive you all home."

I pulled them all up from their seats before walking towards the exit where the Twinkie was parked.

___
1018 words

___ 1018 words