𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟴: Emotions are for the children

The car drove slowly down the dark street, me laying on Elliots lap as Blake drove. The car was outside my house almost as soon JJ rang them both saying that he had found me.

Apparently, once I had run out of the party, Blake rang JJ telling him that I had gone missing. Blake immediately ran into my arms as she saw me, telling me that its okay.

We pulled up to Elliots, Blake pulling me into another hug before telling me she had to go home. Elliot guided my shaking form into the house before I pushed myself away from him and ran straight into the bathroom. Locking the door, I jumped into the bathroom. The feeling of dirt had crashed over me, the feeling it took me so long to get rid of.

I scrubbed my hands, watching the water turn pink with blood as it hit my hands. Before I scrubbed my body, tears running down my face as I thought of all the times I stood in showers, never feeling clean.

As I stood in the shower, quietly sobbing, my knees gave under me. I sat under the shower spray sobbing as I think about the line that was on the table. If I just took a little bit, I wouldnt feel like this. But what about J? I cant carry on like this. J. Just one line.

"Casey? Casey are you alright?" Elliots voice filled the silence. My head shot up as I looked towards the door, trying to gain the confidence to say something, not wanting to worry him, "Yeah, out in a minute." I quickly climbed out, grabbing a towel as I looked towards the mirror, trying to make myself look okay, before walking out and give the worried boy a smile.

___

I stood, leaning against the doorframe, as I watched Elliots muscles flew as he helped a someone get their surfboard onto the roof of their car. The morning breeze on my face, I watched the waves, wanting to ride them but I can't as I have work in ten minutes.

Thats the beautiful thing about Elliots mums surf shop, its right on the seafront so it has beautiful views. I pulled out a cigarette and lit it as I sat down on the steps, watching as Faith walked past me grumbling about how I shouldnt be smoking. Faith doesnt like me very much; she thinks Im a bad influence and that Im CD not a great person to be associated with. Its because of my dad. She wont admit it but no one will, but I know it is. If you have an addict father who lies, steals and cheats people out of money than your seen the same.

I watched Elliot grumble something at her before he walked towards me, sitting next to me, "I thought you had work?"

"I do but if I just go across the golf course, itll only take me five minutes so I have five minutes to waist here." I answered with a shrug as I took the cigarette out of my hand. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw his mum give a disapproving look at me as she walked back inside. I dont like her but Im nice to her for Elliot. He loves his mum with his whole heart as she was the only one, he ever had when he was younger as his dad left.

"Elliot! Come on your supposed to be working not smoking!" His mum shouted from inside, making him pat my knee before standing off laughing, "Juty calls."

"Yeah, I better be off as well," I said standing up as I followed him inside to grab my backpack before walking out and towards the road.

__

I had walked the majority of the golf course path and I had only around two minutes left before I got to the café. However, I turned the corner and saw something I wish I could have not. I froze as I saw Rafe slam his golfclub into Popes back.

My eyes widened as I saw the boy fall to the floor, his face rolling to face me as blood poured out of his nose. Looking down, I saw a golf club by my feet. Picking it up, I ran towards Rafe, swinging and hitting him in the gut as Topper gasped moving back afraid. Rafe fell to the floor, looking up in pain, it quickly turning to confusion as he saw me, "Casey, what are you doing?" The look in his eyes reminded me far too much of one I had seen before.