𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰: Screams of the past

We were all now climbing onto John Bs dock, waiting to watch him open the small bag we had just risked our lives for. With JJ's top wrapped round my arm which was slightly bleeding, I climbed onto the dock, holding onto the bar on the dock before wincing, feeling pain shoot up my arm.

John B quickly sat down the bag, rummaging through it, "What do you guys think it is?" Kie asked.

"I dont know and I dont care as long as its something good otherwise Ive just been shot for no reason." I spoke as JJ and John B began to mumble each other.

Out of his character, Pope impatiently cut them off, "Can we please just open the bag?"

"Wow, Pope." I said, dragging out my sentence

"That's a rare outburst of emotion." John B said, the others mumbling, as he opened the bag.

"Okay, you guys are literally killing me with anticipation. Open the bag. "

Listening to Pope, John B quickly rummaged through the bag before pulling out a small, rustic compass. "Wow, yep I've just been shot for no fucking reason." I shouted, annoyed at how small and useless our find was.

"Dude, what? Its not worth anything?" JJ asked as we all turned to John B to see him staring down at the object in disbelief.

"This was my fathers." He breathed out, a small smile cracking on his face.

___

I had walked down to John Bs with J, as we had gone home last night. My arm still hurt if u moved it but it was now safely badged up. As we got to the door, we both saw a note from the DCS saying Summons notice. I watched as JJs face cracked into a grin before he loudly banged on the door, "DCS, I know youre in there!"

We both slowly walked round the house before JJ jumped into the window that was next to the sofa that we both knew John B was on. I've noticed that since his dad has gone missing that John B has slept on the sofa waiting for him to get home but we all know he's dead.

A smile came across my face as I watched the young boy jump up, causing me and JJ fall into fits of giggles at looking at the boys scared face. "Gotcha, slick."

"You shouldve saw your face, your face was like." I said as I copied the boys past facial expression

___

Us three were all now in the Twinkie, driving down to Mrs Lanas, whose apparently the boat they had found was her dead husbands so the boys obviously thought the best idea was to go to the wife of the dead husband who had John Bs dead dads compass.

As the boys began to talk about girls, Kiara mainly, I began to zone out. Putting in my headphones, throwing up my feet and pulling out one of the blunts that JJ rolled for me, I began to listen to my favriote song, No time to die, before lighting the blunt, letting the drug blur my racing thoughts.

Before I realise it, JJ is tapping my foot, telling me we are here. So I quickly put out the blunt and take out my headphones before jumping out the van with the boys. "Know what this looks like? Whoever lives here smokes too much weed," JJ said looking at the brightly coloured house

"What so your house then?" I asked getting a glare.

We walked closer to the house, hearing the sounds of clattering, screaming and glass smashing, a sound we know to well. Me and JJ share a look before JJ began to tug on John Bs arm trying to get him to leave. "No, no, shut up. Shut up, JJ."

Another scream of fear ran through our ears as we all ran towards the house for cover. With my hands shaking, a memory began to resurface, "No, no, not now, please." I said squeezing my eyes shut tyring to stop the tears.