𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟵: I'm not legally required to do this

I had now joined the pouges as they used the underwater drown, they had stolen to look at the underwater boat. I stood beside JJ as he steered the boat, keeping it in the perfect position as the waves were beginning to become more violent as the storm rolled in. Thats one of the only good things our dad taught us how to do- steer a boat. It was when we were younger and when my mum was still here. He didnt hit us then and was actually an alright dad in the day, however at night the shouting and screaming started.

"All right, JJ, we're right over it. Ten seconds northwest." John B shouted as he watched the tracker, making JJ to begin to spin the wheel, controlling the boat effortlessly.

"One hundred feet!" Kie shouted as she lowered the drown into the water. I turned to Pope as he gasped, John B flying up as he sat back down defeated, "Sorry I thought I saw something."

"Come on Pope." I mumbled, feeling bad for the way John B has been constantly let down this month. Turning back to JJ, I watched his face contort into concentration as he steadied the boat, him reminding me off when we first learnt to surf.

"Tides turning," Kiara shouted before shouting, "Its stuck, guys its stuck on the propeller."

"No, no, no, tug harder," John B told her before she argued, "What and break it?"

"I'll go, Ill go and untangle it." I told the group as I pulled of my shirt and shorts to reveal a bikini. Already getting ready to jump into the water, effortlessly diving underwater as I heard JJ shout my name.

I quickly swam through the cloudy water and towards the boat, feeling the current push me one way to another. Grabbing the side of the boat, I felt the vibrations of the propeller moving, before I swam over to it, quickly as I could untangling the rope before swimming away to avoid being cut. Only just feeling the coldness of the water as I jumped out into the boat, where John B was ready with a towel. "You scared me man," JJ shouted from his position at the wheel as his eyes filled with worried.

"J, you should know this by now, there's no reason to worry about me. I always survive." I laughed as I looked up at him shivering.

"Seven hundred feet." Kiara spoke again before thunder rumbled causing the wind to pick up along with the current that moved the boat around.

"JJ hold it steady." John B shouted as I walked back over to the blonde boy with unsteady legs.

"Okay, 900!"Kiara said trying to hold the tether as I threw on my zip up hoodie and shorts, slightly stumbling as the boat rocked underneath our feet. "JJ, well turtle in this storm."

"920!" "Crank it north by northwest, ten seconds!" John B calls before leaning towards Pope, "Pope, how we doing?"

"Almost there."

"John B theres too much current, were going to lose it!" Kiara added as I walked over to her, helping her keep hold of the drown as it got pulled around by the current. "Yeah, John B, we need to pull it up."

"No! South, southwest JJ, Hard!" He told the blonde boy who was clearly distressed, lifting his hand to wipe the gathering sweat and breathing deeply. "Half speed, steady at this bearing, JJ!" I turn towards the boy as the monitor beginning to beep saying they were on target. "What you got Pope? Come on man, what do you see?"

"Nothing, a whole lot of nothing." He says, letting us all down before shouting, "Im at the bottom! Im at the bottom!"

"Okay, steady here, JJ. Steady here, quarter speed, alright." John B told JJ, "You should be seeing something man."

"I know, I know." Pope argued as he looked closer to the screen, "Wait I see something."

The boat falls into silences before a grin shoots itself onto John Bs face, "Its the royal merchant."