𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟲: Violence is always the answer

"Casey, this better work," JJ shouts as he walks towards the van where all of us girls as sat, me with my feet up as I smoke, watching as the two younger pouges giggle to each other. J quickly drops the now clean, gold bars at our feet as he continues talking, "We cant pawn this if theres a giant wheat symbol on it."

I show him the blow torch I had found in my dads pile of things as I say, "Its gonna work."

The gold now in a pan, I hold the blue flames above it, watching as the gold slowly melts into a big ball rather than small singular bars. I smile as the pouges around me all celebrate our success.

____

We pull up to the sketchy pawn shop, all jumping out as I ignore the feeling in my gut saying something is wrong. "Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein." JJ argues as he waves the block of gold in my face, it being a weird shape. 

"Like you could have done better." I said before he argued, "I could have. I took a welding class." "When?" I added before John B shushed us both, pulling us apart and dragging him inside as JJ continued complaining. 

I stood outside, not bothering to follow them as I knew the owner of the shop, and she did not like me. Pulling out a blunt, I lit it before texting Blake, asking if she wanted to meet up later tonight as I had something to explain. 

___

We had all now replied into the van as me and JJ shared my blunt, it quickly easing my nerves as the sound of going to a warehouse. "So, they keep money out here?"

"That's what she said." JJ added as we both gave out a laugh, "That's what she said."

"Stop." Pope nochatunte added as he stared into our high eyes. I quickly began to zone out as the group conversed, me only listening to a few words that fell out of their mouths. 

"Cops? Out here?" Kiara spoke, quickly pulling me from my daydreams. 

"Fucking hell, can nothing go right?" I shouted along with JJ before Sarah turned round to us, "What did we do?"

Pope joining her questioning, quickly told me and JJ, "Stash that!" Us both, lifting the seat and stuffing the half- smoked blunt and backpack into the hollow seat. "Did you bring the gun?" and the group began to argue as I attempted to waft the air free of smoke. 

Suddenly, the van fell silent as we all heard the sound of a gun cocking, the barrel pointed at John B, looking over, I immediately recognised the eyes of ones I had seen before, Barry. Knowing the danger and chaos that often follows him, I subconsciously moved my ankle, waiting to feel my knife. "Why don't I go ahead and see them hands in the air?" He asked as everyones hands flew up except mine. Watching as their eyes filled with fear, my anger immediately began to rise, Sarah speeding it up as she begged me, "Put your hands up, Casey."

"You, out of the car! Let's go!" He demanded as John B slowly stepped out the van, us all watching cautiously. John B slowly following him as he shouted, "Let them out! What are you waiting on? Let them out!"

John B opened the car door as they all jumped, my hand protectily going around JJs as Barry continued to scream at us all. "Go on! Go on!"

"We're broke-" JJ tried to say as he continued to scream over him, the gun directly at JJs chest. "All right! Just relax!"JJ screamed in fear as I stood in front of him, him attempting to pull me back as I screamed over Barry. "Leave them the fuck alone!"

JJ and Pope quickly pulled me back as he pushed the gun into my chest, pushing me back and us all into the ditch as we slowly got to the floor, them all covering their heads, hands shaking. He quickly climbed into the van searching as I tried to get my breathing under control, my hands itching to reach for my knife. My ears blocked out their voices as I listened to Barrys grunts of annoyance, it reminds me off the times me and Rafe would show up at his trailer begging, for something just anything to ease our needs. His annoyance when I had finally broken up with Rafe, but my addiction was still flowing through my veins, showing up begging before I pushed him to far, causing me to have to find another dealer.

I was pulled out my thoughts by the sound of his voice, "All right, yall stay like that."Him now with the gold in his hand and walking back towards his car. To my surprise, as soon as he stepped into the vehicle he was being attacked behind, by John B. Seeing him struggle, we all jumped up, me reaching for my knife and pulling it out as I ran towards the fight. 

I watched as the pouges fought him, him now being shoved to the ground as Pope shouted, "I got the gold."

"Son of a bitch!" I shouted as JJ pulled down his mask, me now fully seeing his face before JJ shouted in anger. "I know this piece of shit! He's a base head. He sells coke to my dad."

"Not only your dad, blondie." he smirked as he locked eyes with me. 

___

"Please Barry." I begged; my eyes wide as he pulled out a small bag of the white substance I desperately need. 

"Is this what you want?" He smirked, "I need a payment first."

"Please, Ill pay next time."

"Wheres your little boyfriend, he normally pays." He smirked before laughing, "Oh, he's stopped letting you have it, thats why you've came alone."

"Shut the fuck up," I shouted as I shoved him, his face dropping as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me out the van screaming, "No, stay the fuck away from me!"

___

"Shut the fuck up!" I shouted, my knife quickly meeting his throat as the girls stared at me in shock. His voice filled my ears I pressed it harder into his neck, quickly feeling two sets of arms wrap around me and pull me away as I kick him to the floor, feeling gratitude when I see his beaten face look back up at me with a snarl. "Casey!" Sarah screams as I am pulled away and pushed towards the van. 

___
1107 words

___1107 words