𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟬: Next time, I will actually kill you

It was early in the morning and I was at the scrapyard, sat on a bonnet of a old car as I smoked, thinking about how yesterday I was horrible to Blake.

Suddenly, my phone began to ring, looking at it I saw Heyward's number. He never rang me so I immediately picked it up, knowing something wrong. "Heyward?"

"Casey, JJ has been arrested." He told me trying to explain but I quickly interrupted.

"What?

"JJ, hes been arrested. He's on the way to the station and they're going to call your dad to come bail him out."

His last words sent panic through me, me immediately running towards the house, trying to get to the phone before my dad does. "No, no, Ill go get him."

"You can't, it has to be a parent or guardian." He says as I get to the door, watching through the window as my dad slammed the phone down as he angrily began to walk towards the door.

Dropping my phone, I ran through the house, shouting my dad as he jumps in the truck and drives away. "Fuck!" I shouted as I kicked the door jam.

___

As I heard the door, I jumped up from the couch and ran towards my brother grabbing his face, and looking at all the cuts. My dad followed behind him shouting, "How the fuck are you gonna pay it back when all you do is smoke weed? Huh?"

"Where do you think I get it from!" JJ shouted in anger and before I knew it, I was thrown to the side, my head smashing into the floor. Groaning I looked up, to see my dad throwing punches into his face. Jumping up, I watched with horror, as blood flew from my brothers face as my dad throws punch after punch into his face. Without thinking, I ran behind my dad, kicking him in the side, watching as he turns towards me.

My face contorts into fear as I realised what I had done, I'd never touched my dad, but hed never beat Jj up as bad. As he stood up stalking towards me, I stumbled backwards trying to put space between us. As I feel backwards, I felt Jj's bag behind me, I turned to look at JJ for a split second as he spat up blood before reaching my hand into the bag and grabbing the metal. Quickly lifting out of the bag I lifted it towards my dad watching him take a step backwards as I held the gun towards him.

Standing up I looked down at JJ worried I watched as he screamed "Casey!" I looked back up at my dad just as he wacked my shaking hands, knocking the gun out of my hands as his hands wrapped round my throat. "You really think you can shoot me you slut?"

His grip got tighter, and he laughed as he watched my eyes bulge. I shook my head as I watched JJ walk behind my dad, watching him hit him on the back before grabbing my hand and running, pulling me into my bedroom, slamming the door as we, both held it closed as my dad pushed it from the other side. Finally, he gave up, giving me a chance to finally give way to my emotions.

I wobbled, struggling to stand, my knees finally buckled and slammed onto the wood floor. The boy rushed forward, arms gripping onto my shoulders as sobs wracked through my chest, finding it increasing more difficult to take a deep breath.

"Hey, listen to me, its ok. Im okay, see? Just please, take a deep breath for me." I werent listening to him through as my body started to shake from adrenaline, tears were now streaming down my cheeks as I started to hyperventilate.

JJ moved quickly, sitting on the floor as he pulled my hands into his own, allowing them to touch his chest, his heartrate helping calm me. As I began to struggle to breath, everything becoming too much, he gripped my jaw, turning my face towards him, "Listen Casey, take a deep breath, try and breath with me, in and out." I despretrly tried to take a deep breath but struggling to do so, causing me to panic more. JJ leaned his head down closer so his lips were next to your ear, as he continued to try and calm you, "Breath for me please, listen to my voice, now take a deep breath in."

Eventually, I was breathing at a normal rate, J still by my side. "Im sorry, umm... are you okay?" I asked pulling myself up and grabbing his face.

"Im- Im fine." He mumbeled before we both sunk onto the bed, exhausted.

After a few miniutes of silence, I heard my dads voice cut through the air again, "You know Casey, youre the reason your mum left. Always so stupid."

And suddenly all the memories came flooding back

___

As I sat in Js room with him as he slept, I heard some noise from outside the door. Quietly I crept out, expecting to see my mum and dad fighting but I opened the door to see my dad asleep.

Slowly I walked through the living room and I saw my mum walking towards the door, a bag in her hand.

Realising what was happen I ran towards her, "Mum? Where are you going?"

"Casey, I have to go." She looked down at me smiling sadly.

"Take me and J with you, we can all go." I said smiling, trying to drag her back to JJs room.

"No, no, it has to be just me."

"What? No, please take us." I begged as tears gathered, clinging onto her hand.

Quickly she pulled her hand from my grip saying, "I love you both but I cant stay."

She then walked out the door, leaving my crying self behind as I slowly crept back into my own room, crying myself to sleep.

___
1002 words

___ 1002 words