𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟳: Trigger

After lying in bed for hours, the sun finally began to rise. I knew I wouldnt get any sleep last night as I never can when my dad is awake and angry. I dont wanna relive the past. When I stay at home, I often have nightmares that wake JJ up and I feel awful about it. He had already supported me through the ages of 15 to 17 and I dont want him feeling like he has to watch out for me, which is why I always try to give him his space.

J had always asked me why I sleep on my back only and I always brush the question off as a joke but if Im being truthful, I know the real reason. I sleep on my back because that way its easier to fight and jump up- which is something you constantly need to be able to do in this house, you need to be prepared to fight. The last time I let my guard down, it did not end well.

Knowing there was no way I was catching any sleep, I grabbed my backpack and skateboard before climbing out of my window and walking quickly towards the front of the house before my dad saw me. Despite it being so early the sun was already beaming down on me and there was no need for me to pull out my jacket.

As I began to skate, I put in my earphones I started the half an hour journey to Blakes. It always took a while to get to her house from my own due to the fact that mine was on the deepest side of the cut while hers was in the middle of the kook side. It didnt take as long from Elliots as he was on the outskirts of the cut (closer to figure eight).

As I skate down the road, I text Blake telling her that I was coming to her house, knowing she would most likely be awake by the time I get there. It isnt really a surprise to the Avery family when I just show up at the doorstep at either early or late hours of the day as they know that sometimes I can't stand being in the house.

Blake knows I have nightmares and that they are worse at my house but she thinks they are just about my relationship with Rafe and my childhood when my dad hit us. They are but there's something else that nobody but JJ knows. I was sixteen and I was asleep and my dad thought I was my mum as he was drunk and he... did something. Something I will never forget and JJ was the one who found me shivering in fear as I layed in my bed. And he was the one who delt with all my nightmares and who slept in my room on the floor so I felt safe. It was the reason that pushed me to do drugs to... numb the pain.

___

I had now arrived at the Averys and I have just walked in, not bothering to knock as Blake knew I was coming as she saw my message. I quickly walked up the large staircase and went immediately into Blakes room, not wanting the others to see me as they would fuss to much. Thats the thing I like about Blake, she doesnt fuss over me.

"Oh hey, why you here so earl-" She cuts herself off as she looks at my face seeing the bruise and cut that slits my eyebrow and how my eyes dropped a bit with being tired. Her face fell as she realised what it meant for me, "Your dads back."

"Yep, and he was not happy with me last night. Not that I had done anything." I said annoyed as I slummed on her bed. It happened enough times for me not to be upset or hurt that my dad would do this but I turn it all off, not wanting to feel the anger or sadness anymore.

Blake knew this, which is why she sits up before saying, "Right, so we will get you cleaned up and then we can go to the beach clean-up, okay?"

Groaning I threw myself backwards onto her bad as she moved over laughing, "Why do we have to go to the beach clean-up again, it'll be boring."

"Because we have to give 100% to our planet and we're doing that by doing this beach clean-up." She carried on, moving over to her vanity table, looking for the first aid kit that she has for me.

"Shut up, you sound like fucking Kiara." I said throwing a pillow at her head laughing at the way she looks at me.

"Well, I guess you wont want this then for it," She replied pulling out a flask from her draw.