Chapter 25: My ex is insane

I stand at the counter with Riley and Blake as I wipe the sweat off my face. The day had slowly gotten hotter throughout the day, causing the café to feel like a sauna with the AC being broken. Riley turned to us both, looking nervous as she opened her mouth before quickly closing it. "What's up, Ri?"

"I'm moving to the mainland." She blurted out as shock covered both our faces.

"You're what?" Blake asked looking in disbelief, "Why is this the first time I am hearing about this?"

"It's because, I have finally got enough money to move, and I got the letter last week from the veterinary school saying they can accept me."

Blake looks to me in disbelief, her upset face reminding me of mine and Elliot's conversation. Blake begins to talk again but the words don't sink in.

Everyone always wants to leave me. Mum. Sarah and John B. Elliot. Riley.

The thought fills my head with anger, what have I done to deserve this?

I cut Blake off, "When?"

Riley looks hurt at my blank exprespresion but Blake sees through it, "Anytime, hopefully soon. I'm sorry, I didn't think it would upset you this much."

Seeing her look sorry fills, me with guilt at my actions, "No, I'm happy for you. Wanna go for a drink?"

___

"Let's drink to Riley and Elliot!" I shout over the music as I come into Blake's room dancing as I hand the bottles over to the other 3.

I hold the bottle of alcohol into the air before clanking it with Blake's, "To being the last two standing."

___

I groan, rolling over onto my back as I hear the buzzing of a phone. My head bangs with the aftereffects of alcohol as the sun shines in my eyes. The phone rings again across the room before a pillow is thrown at me from the bed. "Turn that shit off!" Blake shouts, waking both Riley and Elliot.

I slowly sit up, reaching across the floor for the phone. The phone switches off before I look at the home screen, seeing dozens off texts from JJ and the pouges. Seeing the message 'Help!' I jump up from the floor, pausing only for a moment to steady myself as I run out the room, shouting to Blake,

"Gotta go! JJ!" before grabbing my bag and running out the house.

The phone rings again and I immediately answer it, hearing JJ's voice on the other end. "Casey! We need your help to catch Ward! He- he shot someone last night!"

"What?" I scream back

"Yeah, yeah. Last night he shot someone, and we need help finding the gun, so John B can come back."

I pause, "J, John B is dead."

"No, no. He sent us a message from an island. He's alive and we're getting him to come back. Anyway, we're on our way to pick you up from Blake's."

___

"This is the north drain. It should've gotten washed into the gully." JJ explains, "So it got flushed out from this drain, it would've been pushed out to, like-."