𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟮: The calm before the storm

"Can- can you call JJ please? I just need to see him, and my phone is dead." I told Blake as we both finally stood up from the bathroom floor. "Yeah, here. And I'll put your phone on charge for you."

She passed me here phone before taking my own, walking into Elliots room before I dialled JJs number, him quickly answering, "Hey, J. Would I be able to come see you guys or..." I trailed off before he quickly cut it. "Yeah, yeah of course. C you dont understand how happy I am to hear your voice again. After everything that has happen, I thought you had finally snapped-"

"I know."

___

As soon as I jump into the car, JJs arms wrap around me. I tense but still allow him to hug me, slowly wrapping my arms around him, feeling his tears slip down onto my shoulder before he quickly wipes them away. "Sorry." He laughs as I shake my head in dismissive.

Despite allowing him to touch me, I can't bring myself to look him in the eye; his face when beating up our father being the only thing I see.  

___

"What- what are we doing here?" I asked the pouges as we pull up to outside the Cameron household. 

"Shes the only one who can clear John Bs name." Kiara said as they all went to step out the car. JJ pauses as he turns to look at me who is frozen in my seat. "Actually, Im gonna stay here guys."

He steps back into the car, his frame blocking my view from the window as I stare at the house I once loved in fear. "Rafe is framing John B, you know."

"I heard." I state back. 

He meets my eyes, his hands reaching out to hold mine as I flinch away. "Where- where you there?"he asks softly. "Yes."

"Did you see... it happen?"

"Yes."

"Are you okay?" The words fill my ears as my dam breaks, tears quickly falling out my eyes as I attempt to catch them. He reaches out but I pull away. "I- Im so sorry, JJ. I tried to get away but he threatened you and I cant have you hurt. Its my fault shes dead! I didnt save her, I just ran like I always do. I- I left her lying there with him and now John B is being f-framed."

He stares at me in shock as I quickly become undone next to him. "I- I know." He says, softly stroking my hand as my tears finally dry up.

___

I stand outside, on the docking of the wreck smoking as I listen to the distant sound of sirens. The sound of shifting causes my to invonentarty spin round, my arms ready to fight as I watch as the pouges at awaken.

JJ and Pope both begin to look out at the cars, having their own quiet conversation as Kiara comes and stands next to me. However, she doesn't attempt to touch me. "We gotta help John B, Im not letting Rafe get away with this shit." I mumble as Kiara nods, turning to Pope as he grabs JJs keys and walks away. "Pope?" She asks as he ignores her- turning to me and JJ. 

"Im getting gas for the boat."

"Be carful." Kiara tells him as he stops to look at her before walking out the wooden building. "Meet me at the dock at three."

Kiara follows after him shouting as me and JJ stay in the building, keeping our heads down as we silently gather boxes of food. 

After a few minutes, Kie walks back into the room, a sullen look on her face. I reach out for her hand, "Hey, are you okay?"

___

The three of us walk outside, putting boxes of food into Kies car before her mother quickly storms over to us, me and JJ awkwardly standing there are they argue. "Where have you been?"

"Im fine. I- I slept here." She quickly stutters back as her mother begins to shout. "Well, we were up half the night, scared to death, lookin for you. We're you even going to tell us?"

"Im telling you right now." She adds as me and JJ get in the car, her trying to push past her mother. "What the hell are you three up to?"

"Im sorry, Anna, we gotta go." I shout from inside the car. She begins to shout further as Kiara gets in the car, driving off before letting out a small cry.

___
759 words

___759 words