𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯: Shots fired

As I stirred in bed, hearing the slight sound of a conversation, I slowly raised from my bed wiping the sleep out my eyes, fearing that my dad had returned from one of his disappearances where he goes missing for a week, presumably to do drugs, before standing up and walking out of my room. As I walked down the dirty corridor and into the living room, I saw JJ and the sheriff stood there arguing. "Oh, hey Casey, I was just telling your brother how I heard there was a gun on the beach, and it was his last night."

Panic began to set into my stomach as I feared that he would be arrested, before I put a blank face on before saying, "Susan, he was protecting John B and I only got him the gun in case we needed it against our dad, I know it's wrong but I didn't know what else to do." I lied through my teeth as I looked at her directly in her eyes, playing on her soft spot for me.

"Right, fine you can keep the gun, but don't let me hear anything about you using it and let me know if you need anything." She said looking at the two of us before walking out.

"You're lucky she likes me J." I said messing his hair, before turning round and walking towards the kitchen to grab a trash bag.

I walked through the house, picking any rubbish or beer cans that my dad had left out. I normally wasn't the tidy one, but I had to be in my house, or we would end up with the dirtiest house in the cut, and that's saying something. So, I usually tidy the house when my dad does one of his disappearances as I wouldn't have a chance when he is in the house.

I saw JJ rolling up a blunt, so I stuck my head into his room, "Roll me a few and stick them on my bed for me, J"

___

I was now in Blakes room, plugging in my jack box into the wall, as I brought my electric guitar over to her house, knowing there probably wasn't going to be any electrity in the cut for a while.

Just as the guitar was all ready to play, Willow, Blakes younger sister, walked into the room, "Ooo, Casey will you play me something." She asked, excitement written all over her face, "Isn't that the guitar Blake got you?"

"Yeah, it is," I told her as I pulled the guitar strap over my head, before gripping my necklace from around my neck and pulling off my guitar pick from around it, running my finger over the engraved letters saying, 'Lost in the music'. "What do you want playing, Oak?" I said, using her nickname. I use the nickname as her name is Willow, a type of wood so now she's called Oak, a type of wood.

"Do I wanna know?" She asked, watching her sister turn away from her drawing to watch me.

Turning to Blake, I watched her start the background music on as I began playing and singing at the same time, watching the younger girls light up at my voice.

___

As I slowly walked down the street, music blasting in my ears as I looked over at the large house as the pass me, I heard a shout. Taking on of my earphones out, I turned to see a person on a small boat at the closest dock, waving at me.

I walked forward cautiously, my brain checking that I could feel the pocket knife in my converse just incase, towards them and as I got closer, I recognised it to be John B. As I ran down the dock towards him, I saw the large set of scuba gear. "Why have you got scuba gear?" I asked worried for the answer, knowing it would be something stupid.

"Hello, to you to." He said as he helped me on the boat, offering a beer which I took, "So, you know how we found the gun in a motel room, we were originally in the motel room as we found a sunken Grady white boat, as we were in the ocean and so JJ persuaded me to take Ward's scuba so we could cheak it out."