Chapter 5 : A new "friendship"

The start of a strange friendship.

Devon

The meeting had just ended and everyone left the office, I was about to lock up the office for the day when Danzel shows up. I thought he was back in Los Angles, what was he doing here?

He was standing at the elevator, I walked up to him and glared at him.

"What the are you doing here?"

"I was done with my paperwork and thought, why not see my little brother.", he answered me.

I pressed the elevator button to go down, the doors opened and we stepped inside.

"That's a stupid thing to do. You could've went somewhere else rather than coming all the way here.", I scoffed.

"Rude much? Anyways, have you found your target yet? You know time is running out.", he said, tapping his watch.

"Relax, I'll find my target and when I do, I'll inform you and you have to run a little background check on them, okay.", I said.

The elevator reached the first floor, which was the parking lot. We got out and I walked to my car, I turned to look at Danzel and asked.

"Do you need a ride?"

"No, my car is parked in front of the building.", he waved his hand and left the parking lot. I headed for the second exit, which led to the main entrance of the building. I got into my car and drove off. As I drove I saw a park ahead at #### street. I decided to go there to clear my head and maybe think for a bit before I left San Diego.
I drove to the park and parked my car in the park's parking area. I grabbed my my phone, got out, locked the car and went to sit on a near by bench.

I got busy on my phone, checking my text messages.

Agh! I thought I told him not to text me, why doesn't he ever listen! Now who the fuck is thi-
Wait! I-it can't be her, how the fuck did she get my numbers, I blocked her and deleted her from my phone, What the fuck? How dare she even text after what she did. I'll never forgive her for what she did! She's fuckin worthless!

I was so enveloped in my thoughts that I didn't realise someone was sitting next to me, I took a peak at them and saw HER?! I couldn't believe my eyes, I thought I'd never see her again but here she is now, next to me. I mustard all my courage and greeted her.

"Hi, there." I faintly smiled.

She turned to look at me and I saw how beautiful she was from close up. Her beautiful white/green eyes looked into mine and it made me nervous. I felt the air leave my body as she smiled at me, she was magnificent.

"Oh, hey.", she greeted me back. She had such a soft and gentle voice, it melted my heart. As we spoke I couldn't help but notice how she smelled like roses and strawberries. She smelled so heavenly, it drew me closer to her, now I wanted her to be my target, i don't give fuck if she's seeing someone. I'll make sure she's mine and win that stupid bet to prove my brother wrong.

We continued to talk some more until it started to become dark, I offered to drive her home and she agreed. When we got to my car, I opened the car door for her and I saw her face expression change into discomfort. I smirked at her discomfort, it made me slightly amused. I got into the car, started it and drove out of the park. As I was driving I took a glance at her and saw how uncomfortable she was. There was silence for a bit but then she finally spoke up.

"Hey, Devon. You know I'm married, right?", she asked as she rubbed her ring on her finger.

"Yeah, I know. His name is Justin, right?", I answered calmly.

Five years back when Devon was still staying in San Diego, he was busy managing his father's business with his big brother. Devon had a friend, his name was Justin. He was Devon's personal assistant, they were really close, to the point where they could share personal things about their lives. So, at that time Justin had a girlfriend, who he merely loved but still wanted to marry her. Devon never knew what she looked like until Justin announced that he got married to her a year later. He finally showed Devon her picture. When Devon first saw her he thought, how beautiful she was. But Devon also knew that Justin was seeing some other girl behind Evanly's back while they dated.

She looked so shocked and confused, I decided not to tell her how I knew Justin. We arrived in front of her home, she looked even more shocked. I bet she was wondering how I knew where she was staying. She asked how I knew where she lived.

"I have my ways.", I replied, smirking.

She stammered a bit then thanked me for the ride and quickly got out of my car. I looked at her as she walked to the gate. She was indeed really beautiful, even her body made her so attractive, her thick, curvy seductive body...fuck...

What the fuck? What am I thinking? Devon don't think about shit like that, you're not here to stay, it's a bet and you'll be over and done with it in a few months. Don't forget what happened...

_________
Evanly

Justin and I layed in bed far apart from each other, in silence. Earlier on they just had a fight about why Justin was spending so much time with Lunna and less time time with Evanly. She felt left out and lonely, spending her time wondering around the house or going outside. She finally snapped and spoke up about It, which led to a fight. Now they lay in bed, not talking to each other. It was late at night. Evanly eventually fell asleep. Hours passed, when she woke up, she could hear a faint chuckle coming from next to her. She turned her head to see, even though her vision was a bit blurry she still saw Justin smiling at his phone, with such gooey eyes.

"Justin? What are you doing up so late?", I asked him with a faint, low voice.

Justin heard Evanly's voice and quickly turned his phone off. He turned to look at Evanly, with a nervous look on his face.

"Oh, you're awake. I was just scrolling through my phone, I didn't notice it was that late...", he chuckled awkwardly.

Evanly felt suspicious but she didn't want to ask him further questions and not to cause another fight.

She grabbed her phone on her bedside table and opened it to see that she received a message from an unknown number, she opened it and the message read...

"I hope you didn't forget about our meet up today ;)"

Wait! This couldn't possibly be...Devon!? How the fuck did he get my numbers!

This guy was really something but now I'm really intrigued. I want to know more about him.

~TO BE CONTINUED...~