Chapter 33 : "No one can have her"

Love can lead you to insanity...

Devon

"She's mine whether dead or not!"

I quickly stood up and dropped my gun. I stood with my hands up. The police were standing on guard outside eating for a signal. I slowly stepped back and with hands in the air, I showed a gun sign with my fingers, that was the signal.

I turned to look at Justin who had a crazed look in his eyes, he looked insane, the  madness in his eyes screamed loudly.

"Why couldn't you just stay away from her like I asked you to!!?", he shouted, tightening his grip around Evanly's neck. Evanly whimpered in pain.

"P...l..lease, Justine...s...stop this madness...[cough] You're killing me...please.", Evanly said in a shaking voice. She tried to remove Justin's arm around her neck but he was too strong for her.

"Justine I dropped my gun, I surrender, just please let her go. I...I'll  leave her alone, I'll stop pursuing her, I give up.", I lowered my head in defeat.

"You swear never to come close to her again? You swear to stop loving her?"

"Y-yes...Just please let her go, she's dying. You don't want her to die, right?", I asked.

"I don't...and I'll let her go...", Justine released Evanly. My heart leaped out of my chest as she used all her last bit of energy to run to me, as she ran everything suddenly slowed down around us, she was about to jump into my arms.

"If I cant have her then no one can!"

A gun shot sounded. Everything went silent, Evanly stopped I her tracks and look down at her abdomen, blood began sipping through her shirt, she coughed out blood and fell to the floor.

My heart stopped.

"EVANLY!!! NO!!!"

The police jumped into action. Justin immediately dropped his gun and fell down on his knees. The police rushed in to capture him. I quickly ran to Evanly, who was still conscious but barely. I knelt down and lifted her up to further to the hospital.

"I have to rush her to the hospital immediately!", I shouted. I rushed out of the house carrying Evanly's body. Danzel looked horrified when he saw me bringing Evanly. He quickly opened the back door of his car, I got inside with Evanly.

"We will escort you!", two police officers shouted, rushing to their cars. Danzel got into his car and drove off fast with one police car in front of us and one on the back. The police sirens were blasting loudly as we rushed to the hospital. The whole scene was chaotic and all I could do was pray and hope that Evanly would be okay.

I turned to look at her. She looked so frail and weak. She could barely breath. Tears began filling my eyes. I gently caressed her face, staining her with her blood in the process. She sunk her face into my hand.

"You're going to be okay, I promise."

"Its okay, you'll be strong for me, right?", she whimpered weakly.

"You're not gonna die on me, please...", I sniffled.

"Promise me you'll be strong for me, please...", she groaned in pain.

"I promise, I promise, I promise, just don't leave me. I need you in my life, Evanly...", a single tear rolled down my cheek.

"I won't leave. I want you to know that I love you so much, I never meant to react like that...I want you in my life. I love you Devon...", she slowly closed her eyes. Right at that moment I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces.  Tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Are we almost there!? Please I can't loose her, Danzel!"

"We're  here! We're  here! We're here! Get her out! Fast!"

____

Evanly was quickly rushed into the emergency room. I set in the waiting area with Danzel and Conilliouse. I set there blank faced and in pain. I was scared of loosing her. She did not deserve any of this. As I set there, I suddenly remembered how we first met.

-Flashback-

"Hi there", he faintly smiled.

Oh my...his voice was deep and sexy. He had such a sexy Italian accent.

"Oh, hey", I greeted him back.

"How are you?", he asked, sweetly.

I smiled and replied.

"I'm good and you?"

I realized that his gaze was fixated on me, his seductive blue eyes scanning my body up and down.

"I'm alright. I'm Devon and you are?" He asked as he adjusted his tie.

"I'm Evanly", I replied while eyeing him suspiciously.

"Pleasure to meet you, Evanly", he extended his hand to me.

"Pleasure to meet you too, Devon", I shook his hand. His skin was rather rough and had small cuts and bruises.

"I haven't seen you around here before. Are you from around here?", he asked.

"Oh, um...no, I just came here for family matters", I replied. I felt so pressured as I staired into his deep blue eyes.

"Oh, is that so...", he replied.

-End of Flashback-

Please be okay, Evanly. Please just stay alive...Please just stay alive...

_______

In the emergency room

"We're loosing her! Come on! 1...2...3 [Bzzzz] 1...2...3 [Bzzzz] Come on!, don't die on me! 1...2..3 [Bzzzz]"

"She's flat lining! Her heart beat is slowing down, were gonna loose her! Come on! 1....2...3 [Bzzzz] Come on! Stay with us! 1...2...3 [Bzzzz]"

"Doc, she lost too much blood! We need to close off her wounds stat!"

"Oh no we're loosing her!!!

[Beep! Beep! Beep!]

[Beeee...]

Was this the end?

"No, not like this! Let's go again, come on! 1...2...3 [Bzzz] Come on 1...2...3 [Bzzz] Again! 1...2...3 [Bzzzz]

[Beep] [Beep] [Beep]

"Its a miracle! She's coming back! Come on stabilize her heart rate and pump in more blood."

"This one is a fighter. She'll make it, she'll make it. You're going to be just fine baby girl, you're going to be okay..."

~To be continued...~