Chapter 35 : A secret for a secret

How could you be so selfish...

Devon

[Slap!]

We all went silent and stared at Mrs. Debrue, she looked so enraged, Lunna was shocked at sudden slap she just received.

"Mom...how could you slap me?", she sniffled.

"Why would you do that to your own sister? Huh? Do you really hate her that much!", Mrs. Debrue shouted, Conilliouse stepped in between them and held Mrs. Debrue. Lunna went silent for a moment, then an evil curdling, smug smirk appeared on her face. A crazy look appeared in her eyes. She began chuckling.

"I've always been the better one! Why should she take my place! Huh? Why should she have a husband and I don't? Why should she have both your love and I don't? Yeah, I hate her that much mom and you do too."

We all gasped in disbelief, we all looked at Mrs. Debrue, her face expression changed to worry and guilt. Mr. Debrue looked at Mrs. Debrue with a confused look on his face. She stood there silent, looking down then she began sobbing.

"I know what I did to her was wrong, i never really gave her the motherly love she needed, I neglected her and chose to love you more than her, I thought it was the right thing to do...I regret it and I never really apologized to her but I never hated her! Never! And what gives you the right to do that?!", she glared angrily at Lunna.

"She's not allowed to be happy! She shouldn't have been born and I did try to kill her off but she's a tough cookie." She chuckled cunningly. "Yeah, I pushed her down the stairs, I slept with her husband for years, I ruined her friendships, I ruined her chances at finding love. Yeah, I did that! Why? Because I should be the only one! And it worked accordingly!"

"You are evil! She's your fucken sister for crying out loud! Your own blood!", Conilliouse covered her mouth in disbelief.

[Slap!]

Mrs. Debrue slapped Lunna once again but Lunna began cackling. The whole scene was unbelievable and disgusting. Lunna was evil. Lunna was shameless, heartless and had no sympathy. I wanted to show her, her place.

"You're wrong about one thing, Lunna.", I said.

"And who are you supposed to be?", she turned to look at me. I saw her eyes widen.

"Oh, my apologies. Let me introduce myself, sweetheart.", I flashed a smirk and fixed my tie. "My name is Devon Marscinos, CEO of the The Marscinos Development of Technological hardware and Evanly's BOYFRIEND."

"What? Stop lying, Evanly would never bag a handsome, rich man like you.", she scoffed.

"Oh but she did.", I chuckled.

"Why would you want to be with someone as ugly, boring, tasteless and useless as her? I can be a better choice than her surely.", she stepped closer to me pushing passed Conilliouse and Mrs. Debrue.

"Ooh, I'm sorry but my heart has already been taken by her and I will make sure it stays that way. Listen, Lunna, I don't associate myself with shameless, uneducated, uncultured swines like you! You have no respect whatsoever and you degrade yourself with that shitty attitude of yours. I feel sorry for the man who's going marry you, that is if you'll even get married."

"Damn...", Danzel muttered.

Conilliouse began laughing at Lunna. Lunna's face turned red as she took a step back, she looked embarrassed.

"Well I.. it's your loss. Fuck all of you!", she scoffed and began to walk away.

"Consider yourself disowned!", Mrs. Debrue shouted.

Lunna gasped in shock.

"You can't do that to me! I'm Lunna Debrue! You can't disown me!", she shouted hysterically. Some nurses and cleaners began to see that and security was called. They arrived and escorted her out as she kept struggling.

Mr. Debrue set down and gestured for me to sit beside him, I set down and he turned to look at me with a serious look on his face.

"You are dating my daughter?", he asked.

"Yes, sir...", I sighed. I felt my throat tighten.

"When did you begine dating her?", Mrs. Debrue chimed in.

"We began dating a few months back after I recovered from my injuries which took six months to heal. We fell in love during my recovery.", I confessed.

"Oh is that so...", he sighed.

"Yes, and I had no bad intentions. I just saw how miserable, tired and hurt she was. I comforted her and gradually I became attached to her, so did she. I saw how vulnerable she was with me, she never cried much again and I was happy.", i slightly smiled.

"I knew from the begging that he was never right for her and look what that bastard did to my princess.", he sighed a sigh of frustration. I lifted my hand and slowly placed it on his broad shoulders and began gently rubbing him to try and comfort him.

After a while I stood up and went into the room Evanly was staying in. I gently opened the door and went inside. This gave me deja-vu. I remembered when I was still in the hospital, laying in the hospital bed, barring the agonising pain I was feeling.

There she was, laying in the bed, wrapped up in bandages and hooked to machines. I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces, I wanted to cry so bad. It pained me to see her in this state. I walked up to her and set in the chair beside her bed. I stared at her bruised up face. I was glad that she was out of danger but I was sad too.

The had told me that she fell into a coma and did not know when she would wake up or even if she will wake up. It was only a matter of time before they pulled the plug. I was torn, hurt, sad and in pain. This meant if she never woke up, she was as good as dead. I didn't want that. I need her to be alive. She has to live! Please GOD she has to live! I can't loose her, please...

I held her hand gently. A tear rolled down my cheek. If I loose her, what's the point of living if I'm going to live with the pain of not being with her ever again. No...

[Sniffle]

Evanly...please fight, please just wake up, don't give up, keep fighting. I know you can.

Don't you dare go, please...I need you, we all need you...

~To be continued...~