Chapter 20 : Crumbling hearts

Where did it all go wrong and right?

Evanly

Where did it all go wrong? How did I end up in this situation? I'm living in another man's house,I got cheated on, I haven't seen Justin in over three weeks and I've kissed another man. I still don't know what I did wrong.

I know. It all started the day I decided to visit my parents. Now I have to file for a divorce, I have to find a new place to live in...and I have to leave someone I've grown to care about.

Where did it all go wrong?

______

Today is the day our contract ends, after this I'll leave Devon to be and continue with his life but why do I feel so heavy hearted? I'm happy he's finally healed but this means I won't get to spend time with him anymore.

Things were awkward between us in the car. I drove because he just got out of his casts. We arrived at the hospital. I quickly got just and opened the door for him like a gentlelady. He avoided my eyes and got out, he was being cold to me. This is what k wanted but why am I feeling hurt?

I tried to hold his hand but he swiftly moved it away without even looking at me. I felt a sting in my heart. Ouch...that really hurts...?!

We walked into the hospital, Devon looking as handsome as ever and me looking okay. He flashed a dazzling smile at our receptionist who immediately blushed.

He spoke to the receptionist, Marry.

"Morning miss Marry.", he read her name tag with a smile on his face.

"M-morning sir, how may I help you today.", she smiled looking down.

What the fuck does she think she's doing!

"I'm here to sign out of my contract.", he replied as he leaned on the counter top of the table.

"Oh, you must be, Devon Marscinos.", she said, checking her papers.

"In the flash.", he winked at her while still flashing a dazzling smile at her. She immediately began blushing and giggling.

Ugh! What is he doing! Can't he see I'm right here?!

I certainly did not like what they were doing but if I butted in I would seem jealous.

I went up to the counter and greeted, Mary. She greeted me back with a warm smile.

"It's been a while, miss Centiése.", she chuckled. That name made my ears ring and those despicable memories came back. I was ashamed of that name now.

"I'm not miss Centiése anymore. I prefer to be called Evanly Debrue.", I replied calmly with a soft smiling on my face.

She looked flustered.

"Oh...okay, miss Debrue."

I side eyed Devon and saw a faint smile on his face. That made my heart skip a beat. I grabbed a pen and signed, so did Devon.

Our contract was finally over. I felt a bit disappointed but also happy to see him all recovered and well. I turned to look at him and he turned to look at me.

"It was nice working with you, Devon.", I extended my hand to shake his hand.

"It was nice working with you too, Evanly.", he gently shook my hand, flashing a smile at me.

Wow, what an act we were pulling off but damn! I could just melt while looking at his gorgeous face and hot body.

Damnit! What the fuck am I saying?! I'm supposed to not be attracted to him. I pushed him away,didn't I? So, what's the problem?

As we talked, Danzel walked through the doors looking bright and jolly, I wondered what made him so happy. He walked up to us and greeted us warmly. Devon pulled Danzel aside and they began talking in Italian.

"Cosa ti succede?", Devon asked.

"Niente, che ti prende?", Danzel chuckled.

"So che me lo dirai presto, quindi fai in fretta.", Danzel scoffed.

"I'll tell you later, ma io voglio sapere, are going back to the office today or tomorrow?", Danzel asked.

"Today, I bet you missed me at the office.", he laughed softly.

"Maybe you could say that.", Danzel shrugged his shoulders.

They both look at each other and laugh.

_____

I began to feel my body get heavy and my heart beat was increasing. My chest tightened. Was I having a panic attack? No, It can't be that. My vision was becoming blurry. What was happening?!

I tried to hold onto the counter top but suddenly everything went black.

_____________
Meanwhile...

Back at Evanly and Justin's house...

Justin was going mad thinking about, Evanly. Every minute and every second he was thinking about her. He missed her terribly and wanted to see her again but how could he do when she didn't want to even be near him. He thought to himself...

Maybe I should kidnap her...YES! It won't be a crime if I'm still her husband, she'll understand. She'll understand that I still love her and need her. But how am I going to do it? I'll lure her with the intention of taking some of her things or to sign some divorce papers, then I'll swoop her up and make her realize that she still loves me and I love her.

_____________
Meanwhile...

At the hospital...

Evanly began to slowly open her eyes, as she looked around with her blurry eyes, she saw that she was in a hospital bed. She suddenly remembered collapsing a moment back, then it suddenly hit her. She fainted because of all t he stress she was dealing with. Her situation with Devon, the divorce, how she was going to explain it to her parents, where she was going to live and the threat she got from Justin. As she thought about that, she suddenly saw two figures standing in a corner. She squinted her eyes to see better and saw that it was...CONILLIOUSE AND DANZEL KISSING!? They were going in deep, eating each other up. Evanly thought of making a noise to alert them that she was awake, so she moaned. Conilliouse and Danzel quickly pulled apart and Conilliouse ran to her side.

She's awake!

Can you hear us, Evanly?! Are you okay?!

~TO BE CONTINUED...~