Chapter 29 : "You lied to me!"

Lies are the ones that hurt you the most...

Evanly's Pov

"What do you mean you're leaving?", Devon slowly walked over to me with a confused look on his face.

"I'm leaving, I need some time away, from this and...from...you.", I turned away trying to avoid his gaze.

"Wait, what? You can't leave...Evanly, please.", he begged with a slight whimper in his deep, accent voice. I walked to door ignoring his words, Conilliouse stood by the stairs, looking at me with a sorrowful look in her glistening brown eyes. I walked out of the house and was on my way down the stairs that led to the big drive way. Devon ran after me and grabbed my arm, trying to stop me.

"Let go of me!", I snatched my hand away. I looked at him with anger in my eyes.

He cringed his eyebrows and looked at me with a sad look. "Evanly...look, we can talk about this, please. Y-you don't have to leave."

"You think apologizing and talking about this will automatically fix everything?", I retreated away from him.

"Don't be like that, Evanly. I'm so sorry for God's sake!"

"You lied to me! You made me think you actually loved me! You made me fall for You! You had me in a trans, I thought I finally found my prince charming but I was so fuckin wrong!", tears filled my eyes, making it hard to see. I didn't even have my glasses.

"I...I never wanted you to find out like this, I wanted to tell you at the right time.", he sniffles.

I wipe away my tears and look him dead in the eye. "And when was that? Huh? I can't do this shit anymore. Goodbye, Devon.", I turn back to my suitcase, grab and walk towards the beach, where my friend's car is parked. His name is Jonathan, his wife, Sarah is like my cousin. We where close to some extent. I got to his black sports car and loaded my suitcase at the back. I looked back to see Devon still standing on the stairs, with a hurt look. A tear rolled down his cheek. I felt my heart ache, I felt so guilty but I was also hurt by his dishonesty.

I got into the passenger seat and exhaled a deep sigh. "Hey, Jonathan."

"Are you okay, Evanly.", he asked concerned.

"Yeah, let's go.", I sniffled as I looked back to see Devon crouched down on the stairs, his head buried in his hands.

Devon...I'm Sorry...

_____
Meanwhile...

Back at the beach house.

Devon

"I fucken messed up. I should've told her but I didn't cause I'm an asshole and an idiot.", I layed on my bed silently staring at the ceiling.

I think I should leave.

I sprung up from the bed and went to my wardrobe and began fishasly taking out my clothes and throwing them on the floor. I grabbed my suitcase and began packing my clothes. I got dressed up and quietly left the house but before I left, I wrote a note and left it on the kitchen table.
I too, needed some time away.

____

After driving for hours, I finally reached my mansion. I parked my car in my garage and went inside. The mansion was quiet and cold. Usually when I came back from work or anywhere in general, I'd always come back to a warm, house filled with faint, slow music coming from the living room and sometimes I'd be greeted with a warm, passionate hug or kiss from...Evanly.

I rolled my suitcase up the stairs and into my room. I turn the lights on. The room felt empty, everything felt so out  of place. I walked over to my bed and fell back onto it, letting out a deep sigh. I closed my eyes, feeling defeated. I must have dozed off, suddenly a loud ringing woke me up. My eyes shot open, I grabbed my phone and saw a missed call from Danzel and Conilliouse and a few text messages. When I checked the time, it was 01:00 a.m. I slowly got up from my bed and headed for the shower, I turned the water on and got in. The hot water just made me feel even more lonlier, I punched the wall so hard that my knuckles began hurting.

If I could just see you again and tell how sorry I am. I'm so sorry, Evanly.

_____
Meanwhile....

After 3 months of isolation and rethinking, Evanly finally decided to open up and try to see things differently. Her cousin, Sarah was always there, comforting her. Evanly felt at ease but her heart still ached at thought of Devon, the man who swept her from the ground effortlessly with his charming personality and loving heart that had her in a trans. She never thought that she'd fall for him like this and within such a short time.

One day she set down with Sarah and had a meaningful conversation.

"I know it's painful and I think he should've told you the truth from the beginning.", Sarah held her hand.

"Yeah...but I shouldn't have reacted like that. I was wrong.", she sighed.

"No you weren't. Right now just focus on getting better and please do me a favor."

"What is it.", she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Go divorce that asshole, Justine and erase him from your life.", Sarah sternly looked at Evanly.

"Yes ma'am!", the both laugh hysterically.

Evanly felt a bit relieved and knew what she had to do. Sarah lent Evanly her Porcha. Later that day Evanly drove back to her old house, having divorce papers for Justin and her to sign. She arrived around noon. She parked the car in the driveway and got out. The house brought back some memories. She hadn't been here in so many months. She walked up the driveway to the door, she tried the door and it was unlocked.

When she entered, the house was silent and dark. She turned on the light and was met with a mess engulfing the house. It was so untidy as if nobody had taken care of the house for months. She kept walking through the house.

"Justin!", she called out to him but there was no response.

Right as she turned around the passage, she felt a bad guy feeling come over her. She slowed down and tried to listen closely. Faint breathing could be head. All the color drained for her body, she stepped back but as she turned to make a run for the door, something hard hit her head. She fell down to the floor and everything went black.

~To be continued...~