Chapter 42 : I've loved you...

I have loved you since...and I will always love you.

Devon

She opened her arms and I embraced her tightly. Her sweet, warm, flowery scent hit my nostrils, my tears poured out like a waterfall. I buried my face into her neck, enjoying the hug. I hoped we could stay like this forever.

Through tears I tried to speak. "I...I don't even know what to say...I...i've missed you so, so, so much Evanly. More than you can imagine."

"I've missed you too, Devon.", she ran her fingers through my hair. It felt so comforting. I pulled back and stared at her with teary eyes. "H...how are you? How are you feeling? Are you okay?"

She wiped away my tears and smiled at me with her bright, warm smile.

"I'm great, I feel better now that my wounds are healed at most and I'm okay, never been better." She chuckled. "Don't cry you big baby, I'm okay, I'm here and I'm fine as you can see.", she jokingly teased me.

"I was just so overwhelmed and shocked. I have so much to say to you but I don't how to say it, I want to tell you how sorry I am. I'm sorry for not arriving there in time and saving you...", he let out a sigh.

"Hey, hey don't apologise, non of this is your fault. If it hadn't been for you, I would have been dead. He would have killed me. You saved my life, Devon.", she hugged me and I hugged her back, inhaling her scent once more again. I just couldn't get enough of her.

"And I'm sorry for everything I did and said to you that day, what I did was wrong, I'm so, so sorry Evanly. I'm so sorry for hurting you...", I pulled back and looked into her mesmerising green eyes. She had a sad look in her eyes, her smile disappeared. She held my face with her gentle, soft, warm hands. I leaned my head into her right hand.

"Devon, a lot of things happened that day and I too said some things I regret saying but now is not the right time to talk about this...", she sighed and looked away from me. I was taken aback from what she just said, a little sting hit my heart but I quickly brushed it aside.

"I...I understand. I'm sorry for bringing it up.", I sniffled. I had never been so vulnerable in front of anyone like this, especially Evanly. She did not judge me or push me away. She comforted me and still cares for me even now after what I did. I held her hand.

"I don't deserve your kindness, your caring heart or your love Evanly...", I looked down. I moved her hand from my face and placed it on her lap.

She looked confused. "Don't say that, of course I'll  care for you and of course I'll be kind to you.",she grabbed my hands and lifted them up to her lips and gently kissed them. My heart skipped a beat. Holy....mother of Gods what is this woman doing to me.

"You've changed, you gain some muscles I see and you even cut your hair.", she inspected me with her eyes.

"Yeah, when you went into that coma I lost myself but Danzel was there to get me back on track. I look terrible, don't I?", I chuckled looking down.

"No, not at all. You look very handsome and adorable and I see that you still have your piecings.", she chuckled too.

Evanly and I continued to talk like that for some time until Conillious and Danzel came into the room holding takeout.

After some time, Conillious and Danzel left and I stayed back with Evanly for a bit before eventually leaving. I didn't want to leave, I wanted to stay with her the whole night. When I arrived back home, I couldn't sleep a wink. My mind was filled with Evanly. She's back and I will try by all means to win her heart back.

_____________
Meanwhile...

Back At The Hospital

Evanly

As I layed in bed my mind was filled with Devon. I thought about what I said to him and I felt so bad. I was too scared to indulge myself into that topic. I didn't want to talk about it but eventually we have to. I really care about him a lot and I want him by my side.

I couldn't call him or text him because that prick broke my phone and only God knows where it is. What happened? How did things get to here. To think that I almost died...at the hands of someone I once vowed my heart and soul to.

Devon was there to save my life and I will forever be thankful to him for doing that. I don't know what my next move is, only God knows but I hope things will turn out different. My family did not even bother to come let alone that backstabbing, pathetic person that once considered my sister and my other half. Why was I so naive and too trusting? Even when I knew I would get hurt every time, maybe I was hoping for something more.

That night I couldn't sleep, I was scared to sleep. I was scared that if I did then I would slip back into that coma and never wake up again. I watched tv the whole night. When morning came,  I was exhausted and at the brink of falling asleep. Not long after one of the nurses, Julia who was my friend came to check up on me.

"Morning, Evanly. How are you, hon?", she asked as she handed me my breakfast, it was some avocado toast, orange juice, some cut up strawberries and one chocolate bar.

"Morning, Julia. I feel exhausted and hungry...", I groaned, sitting up In bed.   I took the tray of food and began devouring it.

"Did you happen to be pregnant by any chance before the incident?", she abruptly added.

~To Be Continued...~

Hello my lovely reader! I Hope You Are Enjoyed My Story. And Thank You So Much For Reading, please make sure to comment your thoughts. Don't forget to follow and ☆☆☆