Chapter 37 : A 'past' not to remember

Sometimes things are better off forgotten rather than holding onto useless memories that will hold you
back.

Danzel

Back in the day, Devon and I were called the the 'playboy Marscinos brothers'. We were nortorias for playing with girl's hearts and ripping off guys but that's what they saw. We were far from being playboys but we did break girl's hearts but we never dated those girls. We couldn't help how hot we were, yeah, sure many girls wanted us but we didn't really date much until, after college, Devon met Andrea.

Andrea was an Angel in Devon's eyes. He loved her to bits and even asked for my opinion if wether he should propose, they've only been dating for 3 years. I agreed because I knew I couldn't stop him but I should've been more lenient as a big brother. Devon got his heart broken in the most embarrassing way imaginable, in front of hundreds of people.

I felt sorry for him. He even disappeared for weeks after that breakup then came back with a new haircut, tattoos and piercings. That was the most teenage thing I'd seen. After that he wanted nothing to do with woman but then he was introduced to Evanly Debrue, a woman he could never have. He was obsessed with her. He had pictures of her in his phone, always asked about her, always stalked her on social media and in real life through, Justin, who at the time was his closest friend.

I could see how in love he was with her and how bad he wanted her but he couldn't have her, she was already taken, so to forget about her, father introduced him to one of his friend's daughter, Jizzell Torhanto, a real fucken pain in the ass. She was the most annoying, pretentious and materialistic person I had ever met.

When Devon finally met with Jizzell, I could see he wanted nothing to do with her but gosh this woman wouldn't give up but that didn't last long. Devon ignored her and moved to Los Angles and that when he finally got the chance to meet the woman of his dreams, through our bet.

When I met her, I too had fallen for her. I don't know what it was but something struck me like lightning. Devon began to shoot his shot and so did I by mistake and it seemed as though I was going to win but I wanted Devon to be happy, so I backed down.

Evanly was like a breath of fresh air, she was so sweet, so kind, so funny, so charismatic. How could I not fall for her. In the end Devon won and I was happy for him, though I felt hurt but I met Conilliouse, she was breath taking, a new light in my life, a woman who I could love forever.

____

Conilliouse's baby bump was growing bigger and bigger, it felt so overwhelming, I was happy, I was going to start my own little family. I wanted to tell Evanly how much I was grateful to her for bringing Conilliouse into my life but I couldn't share my happiness with her...

I would occasionally visit the hospital to check up on her and talk to her about what's been going on.

Life went on, every single day that by, the more we lost of her waking up, our hearts ached for her, especially Devon. He was dying inside and I tried to help him but I knew I couldn't do anything. He looked sick, tired and he was slowly falling apart from the inside but he still showed a clean image from outside. I was worried about him.

Days passed, weeks passed and eventually months passed but she was not waking up. Devon would check up on her every single day, hoping and praying that she would wake up, sometimes I would see him cry over her bed. He was depressed and he needed help but he denied the help. He was hurting so much.

He also drowned himself in work and kept working on new products, like the V.R.W headphones that would be our company's breaking point, it was the next big thing and so he worked day and night but still had time to see Evanly.

Like I said. Life went on. And the more time passed, the lesser our hope in her ever waking up became.

_____

Devon

6 months passed since she slipped into that coma. Her parents left two weeks after she went into the coma, Conilliouse was expecting her baby soon and our company was striving but I felt empty as I drove back to my mansion. I have been having so many dreams about her, the dreams felt so real, her laughter and her voice echoing in my mind. I missed her so terribly, I just wanted to see her open her eyes.

On the other hand, Jizzell was getting on my last nerve. She called me every day, she came by my office everyday and at some point I had to lock my office whenever I was around and even when i wasn't around. She texted me so many times but I blocked her on every social media accounts I had. She was an absolute pain in the ass.

A week later I had to go for a business trip for some time and It was back in Italy. I felt happy to go back home and see my family. When I arrived in Italy, my family met me at the airport. I had informed them of my visit and they were delighted. They rushed over to me and embraced me in a big hug. Well this was new.

"Mom, Pa, Darria! It's so good to see you.", I smiled happily.

"It's so good to see you again big brother!", Darria squealed. Darria was my little sister, she was only two years younger than me. She still looks as cute as I remembered. Blue eyes, rose chicks, long eyelashes, long, straight black hair and she was as tall as ever.

"Its good to see you too, Dari,", I laughed and hugged her.

"It's good to see you again, Devon...",

I heard a familiar voice speak. I looked to the direction of the voice and my heart dropped to my stomach. My face cringed in disgust.

Andrea...?

~To be continued...~

Enjoyed the chapter? Please don't forget to follow and vote. Thank you for the support. ☆