Chapter 11: Love is Blind.

I was so naive and blinded by love...

Devon

Each and every day I couldn't wait to see her, all I thought about was her, I even had dreams about her, intimate dreams...erotic dreams. It really ate me up from the inside. I didn't want to feel any of these feelings, I just wanted this bet to come to an end so I can go back to my normal life but that would mean I wouldn't see her again...

Do I really want that? Never to see her again? Never to hear her sweet voice again? Never to see her beautiful smile again, never to see those memorizing green eyes of hers?

What did I get myself into? I'm falling for her really hard. But I swore never to fall in love again. Why now? Why her?

Three months had passed since she began taking care of me and I've grown to love her presence around me, but lately she's been out of it, she wasn't looking too good, she looked tired and sick. I couldn't bare to see her like this, it really hurt me and I didn't even know what to do.

One day she came over looking really happy and excited. It made me happy to see her happy. I asked why she was so happy.

"Guess what? Justin just bought us tickets to Los Vegas, he's leaving today but I'm leaving in two days, I want to surprise him for his birthday. He thinks I'm coming in 4 days, plus it's our 5th anniversary on his birthday!", she excitedly replied.

She smiled so widely, it looks like they fixed things between them. I was happy for them but also kind of disappointed.

"Who's going to take care of me when you're gone?", I asked her.

"Don't worry, my friend Conilliouse will, she's coming over tomorrow.", she assured me.

"Okay but you know, I only want you to be my caretaker, sugar-plumb.", I winked.

"You're really funny, Devon, but I admit I'm going to miss your ridiculously funny compliments and jokes.", she chuckled.

It made my heart melt. I was smitten by her. I was really going to miss her but it was only going to be a few days.

____
Over the past three months my injuries have gotten better, my left arm was healing from the scratches but my right arm was still broken. My left leg had healed too but it was a bit difficult to walk without holding on to something. My ribs on the other hand were almost healed up but sometimes it was difficult for me to breath, other than that, I was getting better.

The day came when Evanly was scheduled to leave. I wanted to go with her to the airport so badly but I couldn't because she wouldn't allow me. Before leaving she gave me a kiss on my forehead and it made me want her even more. I wanted her to stay so badly. Shortly after Evanly left, Conilliouse came over. She was an African-American woman with a really nice iconic afro hairstyle. She had white/brown eyes. She was really pretty and had such a curvaceous  body like Evanly did.

She was really friendly and funny. I was actually liking my time with her but I missed Evanly so much and it had been just a few hours since she left. I wonder where she is now and how she's doing.

_____________
Meanwhile...

Evanly had arrived in Los Vegas and she was loving it. All the beautiful places, lights, attractions and food. But what excited her the most was surprising Justin for his birthday. He didn't know she was in Los Vegas, he thought she was coming on Friday and today is Wednesday.

I bought him a Rolex watch, a Gucci belt and his favorite chocolate, Lint with a bosque of roses. He told me where he was staying, so I took a cab there. I wanted to look my best so I wore a tight, black, shiny dress that showed my cleavage and shaped my body beautifully. I also did my make-up and straightened my curly hair.

While I was in the cab I got a call from Devon, I answered.

"Hey, sugar-plumb.", he greeted me.

"Hey, Devon. What's up?", I asked.

"Nothing much, I just wanted to check up on you, so how's Los Vegas?", he replied.

"It's fantastic and I'm really excited to surprise Justin. I can't wait to see his reaction. I'm really happy that things are going great between us.", I replied happily.

"I-i'm happy for you too... I hope you two can patch things up.", he signed.

"Well, okay...um...I'll call you later then. Have a great night, Devon.", I bid him goodnight.

"Have a great night too, sugar-plumb...", he hung up.

He sounded a bit low, why was that?

The cab arrived at ####Hotel, I paid the driver and got off. The Hotel was a 5 star hotel, it was really beautiful. I went to the reception and greeted the two Asian receptionists that were standing there. They greeted me and I told them the name of the person I was looking for, Justin Centiése.

"I'm his wife.", I mentioned.

They both turned to look at each other with warry looks in their eyes, they then turned to look at me with such pity in their eyes. I was confused.

"I-it's room 13 on the third floor, y-you can take the elevator.

"Thank you so much.", I smiled warmly.

"H-happy to help, ma'am.", the other receptionist replied with an awkward smile.

Well that was strange.

I walked to the elevator and waited for it to come down. It came down, I got inside and pressed the button for the 3rd floor. I was alone in the elevator. I took out my phone and texted Devon to tell him that I was at the hotel, about to surprise Justin.

He immediately replied.

"Oh, okay. Well, good luck and I hope you're safe."

"I'm safe, no need to worry :)"

I replied.

The elevator stopped at the 3rd floor and I got out. The floor was quiet. I happily walked to room 13. I stopped in front of the door and thought of knocking when I suddenly heard faint noises coming from inside. I listened closer.

[ Moaning ]

"Fuck yeah...yeah..."

"Oh Justin..."

I covered my mouth, my body began trembling, my heart was beating really fast. I lifted my right hand and grabbed the door knob, slowly opening it. The door wasn't locked, I opened it and walked inside. I looked on the floor and saw clothes scattered across the floor, my body began trembling even more. I could hear moaning sounds coming from a closed door. I slowly walked to the door, my heart in my throat. I twisted the door knob and opened the door...

The gift bag I was holding dropped to the floor, I covered my mouth with both hands. Tears formed in my eyes.

Justin...

~TO BE CONTINUED...~