Chapter 30 : The basement

I felt scared, terrified and alone...All I want is to see you again...

Evanly

I began to slowly open my eyes, my vision was so blurry, I could barely see anything. Why did I even stop wearing my glasses! I tried to move my hands and feet but couldn't. What the fuck! My vision began to clear up slightly but it was clear enough for me to see. What the fuck! I'm tired to a chair! Where am I! I was in a dark room with only one window, there was a mattress and a blanket at the corner of the room. My heart began to  began to beat faster, my body began trembling. I screamed and screamed till I heard a loud bang above me, then footsteps came running down.

"Hey...hey...it's okay! Calm down!", Justine ran to me holding a glass of water. Wait, I know this place now, it is Justin's old house that he abandoned years ago to come live with me but it was in another city. The lights were turned and I could clearly see Justine standing in front of me with a big grin on his face.

"Justine what the fuck is all of this!", I screamed.

"Evanly, baby calm down, I can explain.", he walked closer to me, bending down and sheepishly kissing my cheek. My face cringed in disgust.

"Don't fucken touch me! Why did you do this?! This is insane, let me go!", I pleaded.

"I can't let you go, I need you."

"What do you mean you need me?", I looked at him with a confused look on my face.

"I made a mistake. I shouldn't have slept with Lunna, I shouldn't have treated you like that. I realised how much I loved you and how much I need you in my life. I want you back Evanly.", he said with a desperate look in his eyes.

"What! No! Never! I will never get back with you!", I shouted angrily.

"Oh no honey but I need a yes not a no. Since you have no choice. It's either you get back with me or we both die.", he smiled. He was insane! He's a psychopath!

"You're fucken insane! Have you gone crazy? You psycho!", tears began to fill my eyes. Fear came over me and I began trembling.

"Shh...it's okay, everything will make sense soon, I promise. Once I explain everything to you.", he gently caressed my cheek.

"Why are you doing this to me!", I cried out.

"It's all because of your so called 'boyfriend', Devon. That fucken 'woman stealer'. That asshole.", he clenched his teeth.

"What are you talking about!?", tears rolled down my cheeks.

"If only he had just stayed away from a clearly married woman, if only he had just accepted that he never had a chance but No! Devon has to get whatever he wants, even my wife! Do you know how long he's been chasing you? Huh?", he groped my thigh so hard it began hurting.

"What do you mean?", I whimpered.

"Ever since he saw your picture 5 years ago he has been obsessed with you. He always wanted to see a picture and at other times he would drive me home just to see you and when he did, his cold face would light up and a slight smirk would appear on his face. Fuck, that made me just want to punch him!"

"He's been chasing me for 5 years? But why?"

"Mmh, I don't know, maybe he fell in love with you the moment he set his eyes on you! He was just waiting for the right moment to snatch you.", he grabbed my hair tightly and pulled me closer to his angry face.

"And what did you do after he snatched you? You dared to fuck him! You fell for him! You bitch!", he pulled my hair so tight it began to hurt.

"Stop it! You're hurting me, please...", I cried out loud. He stared into my eyes devilishly and smirked menacingly, his eyes were terrifying and psychotic. He let go of my hair, stood up slowly and walked away leaving me still tighed up and shaking with fear. I just want to go back home to my family and...Devon. I cried and cried till my cheeks were numb and I couldn't cry anymore. I need to escape  no matter what.

____

By estimation I think 2 weeks passed, Justine would force feed me everynight and always forcfully kiss me. Everyday felt like torture, he forced on me and somedays he would do that for hours till I begged for mercy because of how much it hurt, my thighs were sore from all the groping, teeth marks were all over me, bruises, blood, sweat and tears. I smelled like a dead rat, he left me tired up in that dark basement that smelled of my metallic blood, pee and sweat. I was in so much pain that I would sometimes pass out. I was scared that I wouldn't make it out alive.

I memorized his behavior and every move he takes. At exactly noon, he would enter the basement to feed me, then after doing so, he would  kiss me then untie and retie me again. Before leaving he would cover me with a blanket and leave for the rest of the night.

Today I'm finally gonna strike and maybe escape. I waited till noon and exactly as I predicted, he entered the basement and walked towards me with a tray holding a fork and knife along with plate full of eggs which I hated.

He placed the tray in front of me and went behind me to untie my hands. Just as he did so, I quickly leaped forward, grabbed the knife from the tray and tried to stab him but he was quick to react and grabbed my hand tight. We fought for the knife vigorously, without warning he stabbed me on the left side of my stomach. Everything went silent, I looked at him with pain in my eyes, he looked at me with widened eyes. I looked down to see the knife sticking out of my side, blood gushing out, staining my shirt and the chair.

He slowly stepped back in terror and disbelief of what had just done. He knelt down beside me holding his head. I took that chance and quickly grabbed the tray, while I was still in the chair, I hit his head so hard that he passed out.

This was my chance to escape!

I quickly untied my feet and got up but before going upstairs, I went to Justin's unconscious body and searched for his phone. I found it and ran up the wooden stairs, barefoot and in immense pain from my wound. 
I just had to find a good place to hide then I'll take care of my wound. I'm not giving up that easily! No!

~To be continued~