Chapter 3 Medicine Chest

The box was small and looked extremely old, as if it had been knocked and dropped somewhere, with bumps and scratches all over it. It seemed like it was picked up from some garbage dump by someone who didn't know any better.

However, this small, shabby box brought a sense of familiarity to Gu Jiao's heart.

Gu Jiao opened the box in a daze and her mind immediately buzzed when she saw the contents inside.

"No way?" It was her medicine chest!

How could it be here?

"Am I dreaming?"

Gu Jiao pinched herself, it really hurt! It wasn't a dream! The box was real, and so were all the medicines inside!

Gu Jiao remembered that the small medicine box was also by her side when the plane crashed. Was this the reason why it ended up here?

But... why was it in such a sorry state? Where was the eye-catching gold?

When the medicine box was still shiny and golden, Gu Jiao found it ugly. Now that it had become shabby, Gu Jiao thought it was even uglier.

However, she couldn't resist the rush of affection that surged in her heart. Gu Jiao couldn't help but hold the box tightly in her arms. "Sister won't find you ugly anymore. Sister will treat you well from now on!"

Gu Jiao wiped the small medicine box clean, luckily only the outer appearance was damaged and the contents inside were intact.

Gu Jiao took a few pieces of gauze and a bottle of iodine from the small medicine box and disinfected her wound, then applied an antibiotic ointment to it. She took two anti-inflammatory pills and thought she would need to wrap the wound, but later found out it wasn't necessary.

After dealing with the injury, Gu Jiao felt a little hungry. She put the medicine box in the cabinet and decided to go to the kitchen to find something to eat. But before that, she needed to change into clean, dry clothes.

Gu Jiao hesitated for a moment, then walked through the living room and knocked on Xiao Liulang's door.

"What is it?" came Xiao Liulang's cold voice from inside the room.

"I want to borrow some clothes from you. The outer shirts in the cabinet haven't been washed, and I have nothing else to wear," said Gu Jiao.

Xiao Liulang didn't respond for a long time. Just when Gu Jiao thought he wouldn't lend her his clothes, the door opened, and Xiao Liulang handed her a set of dry, clean long shirt.

The fabric of the long shirt wasn't very good, and the color was a bit old, but it was washed very clean.

In her past life, Gu Jiao would never wear a man's clothes, but the situation was stronger than people. If she didn't wear this, did she have to wear the ones in the cabinet that had already become moldy?

After changing her clothes, Gu Jiao washed her dirty clothes and then went to the kitchen.

The kitchen is quite clean, probably cleaned up by Xiao Liulang. The rice jar is empty, but as Xiao Liulang said, there is still half a jar of cornmeal. Not only that, Gu Jiao also found two eggs and a bunch of scallions in the cupboard.

Gu Jiao took out the eggs and made two cornmeal and egg pancakes, sprinkled with chopped scallions. There was still some batter left, so she made a pot of cornmeal dumpling soup. Gu Jiao brought the food to the living room.

Xiao Liulang's door was half-open. In her memory, they usually ate separately. If Xiao Liulang cooked, he would leave a bowl for the original owner in the pot, but the original owner usually went to the Gu's house to eat.

Gu Jiao hesitated for a moment, but still knocked on Xiao Liulang's door.

"What's the matter?" Xiao Liulang's cold voice came from the room.

"I made dinner. Do you want to eat together?" Gu Jiao rarely cooked, and even if she did, she wouldn't make what he liked. Therefore, he planned to wait for Gu Jiao to come out before he went to cook for himself.

Xiao Liulang looked at the tightly closed door suspiciously.

"If you don't want to eat, I'll eat first." Gu Jiao wanted to wait for him, but she was so hungry that she felt like she was about to faint.

She had to replenish her energy as soon as possible.

Gu Jiao had just sat down and hadn't picked up her chopsticks yet when the door creaked open.

Xiao Liulang walked out.

He wasn't there to eat.

But when his gaze inadvertently fell on Gu Jiao, he suddenly stopped.

The long robe he gave to Gu Jiao was one that he couldn't wear anymore, but it was still too big for her. Her thin and weak body made the robe look empty and awkward. She had tied up her hair and sleeves, probably for the sake of convenience while working, revealing a slender and fair neck and very thin wrists.

She was sitting there quietly, eating seriously, without the arrogance and madness of the past. She didn't seem like the same person anymore.

Xiao Liulang's gaze hesitated for a moment but eventually moved away coldly.

At this moment, Gu Jiao noticed him and said, "You're here, sit down and eat."

Another set of bowls and chopsticks were placed in front of Xiao Liulang. It was clear that she had made food for two person, not just casually inviting him. However, Xiao Liulang didn't move.

Gu Jiao understood what he was worried about. The original owner didn't have a good relationship with him, so it was suspicious that she suddenly made food for him. But Gu Jiao couldn't explain that she wasn't the same person as before.

After some thought, Gu Jiao said, "We don't have much firewood at home. If we don't eat now, we'll waste firewood heating up a meal later."

Perhaps these words touched Xiao Liulang, as he eventually sat down across from her.

The original owner of the body was initially amazed by Xiao Liulang's appearance when they first met, otherwise she wouldn't have picked him up. In the eyes of others, the original owner's aversion to Xiao Liulang was due to his lame leg, but it was not the case in Gu Jiao's eyes.

The original owner was naive, but Gu Jiao was not. There were some things the original owner couldn't see through, but Gu Jiao could understand everything by flipping through her memories.

Xiao Liulang was deliberately provoking the original owner.

He didn't want to consummate their relationship, nor did he want the original owner to get close to him.

As it turns out, she had the same intention.

Despite teasing him verbally, if she really had to do something with him, she was afraid she wouldn't be able to.

Gu Jiao finished eating quickly, took her utensils to the kitchen, and brought out a basket.

Xiao Liulang didn't ask her what she was doing, nor did she say anything. That was always the way between them.

Unexpectedly, when Gu Jiao got to the door, she suddenly turned around and said, "I wasn't lying earlier, we really are running out of firewood. I'm going to chop some wood from the back mountain while it's still light outside. It might rain later, so if I haven't come back, remember to bring in your clothes."

Xiao Liulang looked deeply at her.

The previous Gu Jiao couldn't tell if the weather was changing, nor would she explain where she was going.

After Gu Jiao left, only Xiao Liulang was left in the room, along with the food that may or may not be edible.

Life at home was poor, and even if Xiao Liulang didn't care for Gu Jiao, he wouldn't have trouble with food.

He furrowed his brows, picked up his chopsticks, and took a piece of scallion and egg pancake.

"The update is starting, is everyone still here?"