Chapter 24: The Ability to Cure

Gu Jiao pulled up a screen and began examining Xiao Liulang's injuries.

Back at home, Gu Jiao had already observed Xiao Liulang's injuries and had realized that his main problem was with his ankle. Upon closer examination, Gu Jiao was certain that her suspicions were correct. Xiao Liulang's ankle had been broken, but the doctor had misdiagnosed it as a leg injury and only treated his leg. Even though his leg had been immobilized, Xiao Liulang had still been using his injured ankle, which resulted in persistent stabbing pain whenever he walked.

Xiao Liulang had never shown any signs of his pain, and Gu Jiao had assumed that he was simply suffering from a stiff ankle joint, which was not painful. It was only upon proper diagnosis that she realized that he had been using great restraint to bear the pain.

In her past life, Gu Jiao had performed many surgeries similar to Xiao Liulang's condition, and for her, the procedure was not difficult. However, the necessary medicine and surgical supplies were currently not available in her medicine box.

But...remembering her discovery a few days ago, Gu Jiao decided to wait. Moreover, it was not the ideal time for surgery. Xiao Liulang's injury required some preparation and it would be better to wait until the end of the year when the academy was closed.

Second Master Hu and Shopkeeper Wang were waiting outside the screen, without any attempts at eavesdropping.

Second Master Hu had initially planned to let the physician from Huichuntang observe Gu Jiao's medical skills. However, he had suppressed the thought as it seemed impolite to ask her directly. When Gu Jiao went in for the examination, she pulled the screen, which indicated that she was not willing to show off her medical skills. After thinking about it, he was relieved that he had not asked to observe.

However, he was mistaken about one thing: Gu Jiao was not reluctant to show her medical skills; she simply did not want anyone to discover her small medicine box.

Gu Jiao stayed inside for quite some time.

The examination took fifteen minutes, but admiring the beauty took half an hour.

Ahem!

No undressing, absolutely not!

Gu Jiao had placed the small medicine box in her backpack and carried it out with her.

Second Master Hu approached her and politely asked, "Miss Gu, you were inside for so long. Does Xiao Gongzi's injury require complicated treatment?"

Gu Jiao calmly replied, "It is quite complicated. I need to perform surgery on him."

It was indeed complicated, and she was indeed a beauty.

Upon hearing that surgery was required, Second Master Hu was dumbfounded. Surgery was a medical skill mostly used on the battlefield, and it was rarely employed by civilians. First, it was too risky, and second, it required a high level of medical expertise. Even the doctors at Huichuntang, where they came from, had few who dared to perform surgery on patients.

"Are you sure?" Second Master Hu asked skeptically.

The only doctor at Huichuntang who dared to perform surgery was already fifty years old and was a descendant of a family of doctors.

"Hmm," Gu Jiao nodded, "I will consider the date and let you know. Also..."

Second Master Hu didn't think she was bragging. In fact, anyone who has witnessed her medical skills has every reason to believe that she can bring people back from the dead. Gu Jiao needs to find some medicinal materials for making medicinal fumigation for Xiao Liulang, so she went to the main hall with a basket on her back.

Second Master Hu smiled strangely: "Old Wang, do you think her medical skills are so good that she could cure the one in the capital?"

"The one in the capital?" Shopkeeper Wang, was confused for a moment and then realized, "You mean the young master of the Marquis's mansion?"

"Yes its him!" Second Master's eyes sparkled.

"No, no, no, it's not possible! It's not possible!" Shopkeeper Wang hurriedly waved his hand.

That is a nobleman in the capital! Rui Chun Tang is just a civilian in front of them, not enough to be seen at all! "I think Miss Gu has good medical skills..."

"Second Master Hu, we only have one brain."

Shopkeeper Wang ruthlessly crushed Second Master's idea. It's not that he doesn't want to earn money from the Marquis's mansion, it's just that the young master's illness is really hard to treat. If it's treated improperly, it could be fatal. Speaking of which, that young master is also pitiful. When the Marquis's wife gave birth to him, she wasn't even full term and gave birth in a rundown temple. She didn't have a stable midwife with her, so she found one from a nearby village. Premature delivery, poor delivery conditions, and the midwife's poor skills resulted in the birth of twins. After the first one was born, the Marquis's wife was almost exhausted. The second one had been trapped in the womb for a while and came out all purple.

The young master is the second child, and he has an older sister.

The young master was born weak and has been taking medicine since he was young. He's practically grown up with medicine as his constant companion.

To cure his illness, the Hou family has sought out many famous doctors over the years, but unfortunately, the young master's condition has not improved. Instead, frequent medication has made him even weaker.

It is said that he is now barely hanging on to his last breath. If they're unlucky and give him the wrong medication, the young master will die.

If the young master were to die in their hands, all the doctors from the Hui Chun Tang combined would not be enough to make up for his life.

The second young master understands the implications of this, but he is not giving up.

He is an ambitious person, otherwise he would not have seen the enormous value in Miss Gu.

Come to think of it, that young master and Miss Gu seem to be of the same age.

The Second Master Hu said, "In that case, let's have Miss Gu treat Xiao Liu's injury first. If she can really cure him, then we can let her try at the Hou family."

Second Master Hu : "..."

When Xiao Liu Lang woke up, there was an old doctor with a white beard in the room.

"You are..."

The old doctor smiled and said, "I am Doctor Zhang. You fell asleep earlier, and it was my fault for forgetting to remove the calming incense."

Xiao Liu Lang paused for a moment and said, "It's okay."

"Let me take a look at your leg."

"Okay."

The old doctor followed the steps instructed by Gu Jiao and was quite surprised. He had seen Xiao Liu Lang's leg ailment before and knew that the current medical techniques at Hui Chun Tang could not cure it.

Could that girl really have a way to help him stand up again?

Xiao Liu Lang took the prescription given by the old doctor and went to the main hall. Feng Lin stood up excitedly and asked, "You're back. What did Doctor Zhang say? Can your leg be treated?"

Xiao Liu Lang made a sound and said, "Doctor Zhang said to use medication to fumigate for a while and come back next month."

To avoid affecting his classes, Gu Jiao did not let the old doctor perform surgery for the time being.

"I told you Doctor Zhang would be able to cure it!" Gu Jiao was overjoyed.

Xiao Liu Lang looked at on his wife.

ps. 10 chapters will be released today. Sunday is a rest day :)