Chapter 19: Genius

After dinner, Xiao Liulang and Gu Xiaoshuang returned to the academy, only to be told that their dormitory had collapsed.

"When did it collapse?" Xiao Liulang asked.

"It collapsed not long after you left. Many people saw you heading towards the dormitory and were worried that you might have been buried inside," the student replied.

They had intended to go back, but...

Xiao Liulang hesitated for a moment.

Gu Xiaoshuang went to look at the collapsed dormitory and saw debris and broken walls scattered all over the ground. He was frightened at the thought of what might have happened if it had landed on someone's head. "Fortunately, my sister came to find us for dinner! Otherwise, we would have been buried alive!" he exclaimed.

This was the second time they had narrowly avoided disaster, the first being at the clinic. Each time, it was because of her that they had escaped calamity.

Xiao Liulang gazed in the direction where Gu Jiaoli had left, he has a thoughtful expression.

The dormitories at Tianxiang Academy were always in short supply. This time, they had admitted a hundred and one new students, which was the largest enrollment ever. As a result, the academy did not have any spare dormitories and the two of them had to continue commuting.

Normally, since the cost of accommodation was included in the tuition fee, they would not receive a refund for not staying. However, considering that this was not their fault, the academy volunteered to pay for Xiao Liulang and Gu Xiaoshuang's daily transportation expenses.

Gu Xiaoshuang did not mind. He did not like the Gu family, but he was not particularly fond of the academy either. He felt that it was all the same wherever he went.

"Brother-in-law, are you happy?" Gu Xiaoshuang asked Xiao Liulang in a low voice as they walked back to the classroom.

"Why would I be happy?" Xiao Liulang asked in return.

"Because you can go back and sleep with my sister!" Gu Xiaoshuang spoke without restraint. He was thirteen years old this year and while he might not understand everything, he was not completely clueless. In his view, a man should sleep with his own wife, and he had no idea what they would do after falling asleep.

Therefore, he did not feel embarrassed at all when he spoke.

Xiao Liulang choked a little. "Don't talk nonsense," he said.

"Oh." He didn't say anything wrong. Brother-in-law could indeed go back and sleep with his sister!

The two of them entered the classroom. In the afternoon, they had math class. Math was not a subject in the imperial examinations, which only tested for Eight-Legged Essays. The court did not attach much importance to mathematics. The only reason it was taught at the academy was because the dean hoped to cultivate talented individuals for the country in an unconventional way.

Xiao Liulang had just sat down when Zhang Fuzi called him out: "The dean wants to see you."

Xiao Liulang went to the dean's central hall.

As he walked towards the door, he coincidentally met Gu Dashuang, who was walking out. There was still a trace of pride on Gu Dashuang's face. Upon seeing Xiao Liulang, he frowned. "What are you doing here?" he asked.

Xiao Liulang ignored him and walked past him with his crutch.

Gu Dashuang's brow furrowed.

"Is Xiao Liulang here to see the Dean too?"