Chapter 13: Treating the Leg

Feng Lin left in disappointment. Just as he was about to leave the lobby, he heard a polite voice from ahead, "Is this young master here to seek medical treatment?"

"Huh?" Feng Lin was taken aback and looked towards the speaker. It was a young man dressed in fine clothes with a strong aura but a gentle attitude.

Feng Lin didn't know him. "May I ask who you are..."

The attendants recognized him and were about to bow, but the Second Master Hu stopped them with a look.

"Oh, I'm from Huichuntang," said the Second Master Hu with a friendly smile. "Is this young master feeling unwell?"

Feng Lin shook his head. "No, I'm here to ask for a medical consultation on behalf of my classmate."

"May I have the young master's name?"

"My name is Feng Lin." Feng Lin bowed.

"I'm surnamed Hu," said the Second Master Hu in return.

"So you're Doctor Hu," Feng Lin assumed that he was the doctor in this medical clinic.

The Second Master Hu didn't correct him and smiled. "May I know what's wrong with your classmate?"

"He injured his leg six months ago and has consulted many doctors, but none of them could cure him. I thought that only Doctor Zhang from this clinic could help him. But I heard that Doctor Zhang will no longer come here."

"Who said he won't come?" The second-in-command coughed lightly and said, "He will come, he will come tomorrow!"

"The consultation fee..."

"One price, 100 wen!"

Cough!

Everyone in the room choked on their breath.

Feng Lin also choked a little. "O-One hundred wen?"

"Is it expensive?" Second Young Master blinked and quickly said, "I'm mistaken, it's ten wen!"

Feng Lin: "..."

Shop assistants: "..."

Even someone as dull as Feng Lin knew that seeing a doctor was expensive. Even if it was a rural traveling doctor, not someone like Doctor Zhang from the capital, ten wen wouldn't be enough to pay them off.

"Didn't you say Doctor Zhang's consultation fee was ten taels?" he asked in confusion.

Second Master didn't change his expression. "Consultation fees are cheaper than house calls."

"Cheaper... by that much?"

"Our medical clinic has had patients die, and business is slow during the off-season!"

Feng Lin again: "..."

Shop assistants again: "..."

Feng Lin immediately went to the village to tell Xiao Liulang about the medical consultation: "... the consultation fee is only ten wen, and the cost of herbs is extra. Their business is not doing well right now, so I estimate the cost of herbs won't be too expensive either."

The medical clinic's business was indeed affected, but it was still unbelievable that the price was suddenly so cheap.

Feng Lin eagerly said, "I asked shopkeeper Wang afterwards, and he said the same thing. This matter can't be false, so just wait with ease. At the end of the month, I'm on vacation, and I'll accompany you there!"

It seemed that even the date had been set, so it must be true.

Three days later, the exam results came out and Gu Dashun ranked second.