Chapter 38: Success

Feng Lin signaled to Gu Jiao, hoping she could persuade Xiao Liu to reconsider, but Gu Jiao pretended not to see, which infuriated Feng Lin.

Before the surgery, the senior doctor handed over a strange document to Xiao Liulang, who hesitated for a moment.

"What is this?" he asked.

The senior doctor cleared his throat and said, "It's a surgical consent form that requires the signature of a family member."

... It was really puzzling.

He had been a doctor for decades and had never heard of such a thing!

However, since it was strongly requested by Miss Gu, they could only comply.

Feng Lin couldn't sign the document, and neither could Xiao Liulang himself. Finally, Dr. Gu was going to experience the thrill of being a family member, but then sadly discovered that she didn't know how to write her own name!

How sad is that???

They never thought about this issue when they had the second master's family draw up the surgical consent form?

Signing Gu Jiao's name with the handwriting of a doctor from a previous life would be considered a talisman, right?

The quietest moment is the scariest.

Gu Jiao grabbed the pen, scratched her ear and cheek, and became so anxious that her face turned red.

She wanted to show off in front of Xiao Liulang, but now everything had gone wrong.

Xiao Liulang looked at Gu Jiao and saw her grabbing the pen so smoothly, thinking she knew how to write.

Finally, it was Xiao Liulang who acted as a ghostwriter and signed Gu Jiao's name.

Xiao Liulang was taken to a special room, and the trick of calming soup was easy to expose, so this time the doctor handed him a bowl of ma fei san.

Ma fei san is an ancient anesthetic, said to have been created by the famous doctor Hua Tuo. However, the true formula for ma fei san has been lost, and most of the ma fei san used by doctors today is made from mandrake flower powder or juice.

This drug can cause muscle relaxation and inhibit sweat gland secretion while making people drowsy and calm, so it is also called a sweating drug.

The toxicity of the drug is not small, and Gu Jiao would not give Xiao Liulang this. The bowl she gave him actually contained the calming medicine from Huichuntang.

Xiao Liulang fell asleep soon after drinking it.

Gu Jiao found an excuse to leave Feng Lin behind. This time it would take longer than last time, so Gu Jiao didn't say she needed to use the restroom, but rather said she was going out to see if there were any Chinese New Year goods to buy.

Feng Lin was so angry that his liver hurt. If Gu Jiao hadn't stopped him earlier, now Xiao Liulang was about to undergo surgery, and she still had the leisure to go shopping for New Year's goods!

She was really a heartless woman!

Gu Jiao returned to Huichuntang from the back door, and the doctor was waiting at the door of the special room.

The old doctor had been working at Huichuntang for more than thirty years, and although his medical skills were not as good as those of Doctor Zhang in the capital, his character was definitely considered honest in the industry. Otherwise, the second young master would not have been at ease letting him participate in this matter.

The old doctor was very curious about this surgery and wanted to follow Gu Jiao into the room.

However, Gu Jiao seemed to ignore his intentions and closed the door as soon as she entered.