Chapter 51: Surprise

In the following days, Gu Jiao didn't go out and stayed at home to learn calligraphy with Xiao Liu Lang and accompany him in his rehabilitation.

Xiao Liu Lang didn't seem to care whether he could stand up again, as Gu Jiao had noticed even before the surgery. She didn't know what he had been through, but his heart was like dead ashes, with no love or enthusiasm for life.

Feng Lin was worried that something might go wrong during the surgery, but Xiao Liu Lang agreed without hesitation. It wasn't because he was fearless, but because he didn't care whether he lived or died.

However, Gu Jiao wouldn't let him die, nor would she let him become disabled.

"It's time for exercise." Gu Jiao finished cleaning the house and came to Xiao Liu Lang's room.

She no longer treated herself as an outsider, and didn't even knock before entering.

Xiao Liu Lang's face instantly became ugly.

It wasn't because she entered without knocking, but because he didn't want to exercise.

Gu Jiao guessed that he would react this way, and didn't give him a chance to refuse. She walked over and pulled him up from the chair - not only did she enter his room without permission, but she also pulled and tugged him around. She really felt too intimate!

Xiao Liu Lang frowned, but as a single-legged person, he couldn't beat someone with two legs. He was still dragged out of the room.

"Cane," Xiao Liu Lang said.

Gu Jiao raised her eyebrows. "Starting today, no cane."

Xiao Liu Lang gave her a glance and said lightly, "Without a cane, I can't walk."

Gu Jiao crossed her arms and said charmingly, "If you can't walk, I'll support you. I'll be your cane!"

Don't think she didn't notice that he never properly rehabilitated when using the cane, and put all his weight on it, neglecting to exercise his right leg at all.

Xiao Liu Lang frowned tightly.

Gu Jiao smiled coyly, "If you want the cane, then walk back to the room yourself."

With no strength in his right foot, how could he walk back? He could only hop back.

Thinking about how he looked hopping back and forth, Xiao Liulang gave up!

His attempt to use the cane to be lazy was thus quashed by Gu Jiao.

He could use the cane to support his weight, but he couldn't put his weight on Gu Jiao's soft body because...

"Husband, don't keep leaning on me. You need to learn to support yourself."

"That's it!"

"You need to put in more effort! You're going to crush me!"

"How can you rely on just one woman for everything?!"

Xiao Liulang gritted his teeth, "Can... can I just borrow a little support from you?"

You've turned this into such a mess, can't you just shut up?!

Xiao Liulang was forced to walk seriously, panting after just one lap, when he used to be able to walk more than a dozen without getting tired. But Gu Jiao set a rule that he had to take at least 100 steps a day.

After completing the 100 steps, Xiao Liulang was drenched in sweat.

Gu Jiao took a handkerchief to wipe his sweat, "Husband, do you feel sore all over, like you were run over by a carriage? Are you so tired that you can't move, with trembling legs and unable to lift your fingers..."