Chapter 49: New Year's Greetings

After Shopkeeper He escape from the mountain villa, he did not leave immediately but waited nearby for any movement from the villa.

The Second master Hu seemed to be in bad shape, and who knew if that fool would crash into something?

If the young master really died in his hands, the Huo family would probably have no place to shelter his foolish kid anymore!

As shopkeeper He was gloating over this, he saw Gu Jiao and her companions emerge from the villa unscathed.

He was stunned.

What was going on? Was the young master not dead? Or did they also escape without treatment like him?

But they seemed calm and collected, unlike his group...

While Shopkeeper He was still dazed, Gu Jiao and her companions got on a carriage and headed for Dean's residence.

A maid named Yuya ran after them, shouting, "Hey, Return to Spring Hall! Wait for me!"

Unfortunately, the carriage had gone too far to hear her cries.

Yuya leaned against the pillar of the archway and gasped for breath.

Shopkeeper He emerged from behind a big tree and approached her, asking, "Miss, did something happen to them?"

Yuya replied, "How could anything happen to them? It's my young master..."

Shopkeeper He's eyes lit up! Had the three of them really cured the young master?

Yu Ya'er took a deep breath and continued, "My young master has woken up and is throwing a fit!"

Shopkeeper He understood every word, but he couldn't make sense of it all. "You mean his illness..."

"The Great Physician of the Huichuntang Hall really is amazing! My young master woke up! And he had enough energy to throw a tantrum!" Yu Ya'er was overjoyed. Her young master had torn up four of Lord Hou's antiques in one go. He hadn't been that fierce in an entire year!

Shopkeeper He admitted that he was having trouble keeping up with her train of thought...

Yu Ya'er sighed and blamed herself. "It's all our fault for being too happy and forgetting to pay them!"

"Wait a minute, you mean...they..." Mr. He couldn't bring himself to finish the sentence. It was impossible!

But Yu Ya'er nodded vigorously. "Yes, yes! They're the ones who cured my young master!"

Was this a fluke? Shopkeeper He couldn't believe that a small town doctor could be so skilled. But that didn't stop him from taking credit for it himself!

"That's right, we're the Great Physicians of Huichuntang Hall!"

"What does that have to do with you?" Yu Ya'er rolled her eyes at him.

"Well...that man is our second master at the Huichuntang, Second Young Master Hu!" Shopkeeper He laughed awkwardly.

The maid scoffed, "Isn't it just a coincidence that your names are the same? They're the Huichuntang in this town, and you're from the one in the capital city! There's no relation between the two! And they have no relation to the Hu family! Did you forget what you said earlier so quickly? Hehehe!"

Later, after surviving a close brush with death, the Second Young Master from Huichuntang had forgotten all about the payment. But the Gu Jiao remembered it, although she thought that the Second Young Master hu had already received it.

.......

When the carriage arrived at Dean Li's residence, he had just finished fishing and had changed out of his formal attire into a fisherman's outfit, complete with a fisherman's hat and raincoat, looking just like a fisherman.