Chapter 26: The Mother-in-Law

My own mother-in-law has a big mouth, and whatever she talks about for too long, all the secrets will be spilled out. At this rate, the whole family's secrets will be revealed.

The two sisters-in-law exchanged a glance and made a decision in their hearts. They couldn't let them continue to quarrel and had to quickly pull their mother-in-law away.

"Mother! Let's not argue with her! Let's go back first!" Zhou Shi went up and pulled Wu Shi's arm.

Liu Shi also walked over and pulled Wu Shi's other arm. "Yes, mother, let's not argue with this crazy woman!"

If they had said this at the beginning, the villagers might still have believed it, but after the argument, Wu Shi and the two daughters-in-law were furious, while the old lady remained calm and collected. If anyone was crazy, it would be Wu Shi.

The onlookers' expressions of watching the show completely angered Wu Shi.

Wu Shi rolled up her sleeves and spouted angrily, "You old hag! Do you know who I am? I'm the wife of the county magistrate!"

"Huh," the old lady rolled her eyes. "I'm the emperor's mother!"

Everyone burst into laughter.

This old lady was quite interesting. When she argued with someone, she didn't weigh her words and wasn't afraid of spreading rumors that could get her head chopped off.

Wu Shi was just an agitator who encountered someone with more experience than her. When she couldn't win with words, she decided to take action directly. "I'll drive you out of the village today--"

Before she could finish her sentence, the old lady splashed a bucket of cold water over her, turning her into stone on the spot.

Then, the old lady didn't care about anything, turned around and walked into the house, leaving behind the stool and Gu Xiaoshuang, slammed the door shut, and bolted it!

She sure was fast!

Everyone's stomachs hurt from laughing.

When the old lady was furious just now, they thought she would argue with Wu Shi to the end. It turned out that she wasn't so blinded by anger and knew that she couldn't beat the three women, so she splashed Wu Shi first to catch her off guard, and then took the opportunity to lock the mother-in-law and daughters-in-law outside!

When did Wu Shi ever suffer such humiliation? She picked up a rock from the ground and rushed up to the door, ready to smash it.

However, the rock did not hit the door panel, but a shiny sickle flew over with a swoosh and chopped on the door panel!

Wu Shi was shocked, her hand holding the rock stiffened instantly.

If this sickle had been a half inch off, it would have chopped her hand.

Startled, Wu Shi's hand relaxed, and the rock fell to the ground and hit her own foot.

Sure, here is the English translation of the Chinese text:

"Ouch!" Wu cried out in pain.

Could the stone she used to smash the door be any smaller? She deliberately chose the largest one! When the large rock hit her foot, Wu was in so much pain that she started crying! With the sickle flying in, and her foot being smashed so quickly, the situation was so chaotic that the bystanders couldn't keep up.

It should be noted that there had not been such a big disturbance in the village for a long time.

Everyone turned their heads at the same time, and saw Gu Jiao calmly walking up.

She carried a small basket on her back, and her slim figure looked harmless, except for the chilling gaze that seemed to emit a murderous intent for no reason.

Everyone involuntarily shrank their necks and automatically made way for her.

Who knows how she threw that sickle. If it had missed the door, wouldn't it have hit someone's head from behind?

At the thought of this, everyone's heads couldn't help but feel a little cold...

Liu was the first to react and scolded, "Jiaoniang, you came back at just the right time! Quickly get the crazy old woman to open the door! Look what she did to your grandma's milk!"

"Hmph," Gu Jiao laughed coldly. "Does the old woman have poor eyesight? Auntie Liu, are you blind too? Who brought the stone over and who smashed it on her foot? Don't you know in your heart?"

As soon as she said this, Liu was dumbfounded.

This, this, this girl was so good at arguing with people?

If her pulling and kicking of Gu Dashun and Gu Ershun was just a stupid mistake, then scolding her and Wu in public was definitely tearing her face off with the Gu family.

"You little brat! How dare you scold your grandma?" Wu rolled up her sleeves and was about to move forward, but she almost fell to the ground in pain after taking just one step.

Zhou helped her mother-in-law and said, "Mom, be careful!"

Wu was in pain and anger, pointing at Gu Jiao and cursing, "You little animal! Why didn't I drown you back then!"

At this time, Xiao Liulang came over.

Xiao Liulang had been frequently seen with Gu Jiao lately, and the village had long spread rumors that the two had reconciled. However, he had never responded directly, so many people speculated that it was just Gu Jiao's one-sided wishful thinking.

"Liulang, look at what your aunt and Jiaoniang have done. Your grandma is so old..." Zhou scolded Xiao Liulang.

Unexpectedly, before she could finish her sentence, Xiao Liulang said calmly, "Since she's so old, she shouldn't come out and wander around."

Zhou suspected that she had misheard!

"Do you have any business?" Xiao Liulang walked up to Gu Jiao and asked.

"No." Gu Jiao shook her head and took the sickle off the door.

Xiao Liulang said to the door, "Aunt, it's us who have come back."

The door creaked open.

Xiao Liulang...

"Are you pretending these days?" Gu Jiao asked.

The old lady replied irritably, "Is this how you talk to your aunt?"

"You're still addicted to acting?"

No, it didn't seem like acting.

Gu Jiao spoke sternly to Gu Xiaoshun, "Come with me."