Chapter 27: Search

Gu Jiao closed the door and asked, "So, what happened today?"

Gu Xiaoshuang honestly recounted his experience as a caregiver.

It turned out that the old lady really didn't remember anything. When she woke up at Gu Jiao and Xiao Liulang's house, she thought she was one of the people in the house. She asked Gu Xiaoshuang while cracking some melon seeds, "Which of those two unfilial children is my grandson?"

Gu Xiaoshuang remembered his sister's instructions and didn't dare to tell the old lady the truth that she had leprosy. But he couldn't really say that his sister and brother-in-law were her grandchildren. In a hurry, he said, "You are my brother-in-law's aunt. You came a long way to seek refuge with him."

Unexpectedly, Gu Jiao did not expect the old lady to not have senile dementia and didn't give Gu Xiaoshuang any set of rhetoric to deal with her.

"Then she said, why does it look like your sister is in charge of this house?" I said, "why not? My brother-in-law married into the family!" She asked again, "why haven't I seen the other members of the family?" I said "you guys separated."

Hearing this, Gu Jiao raised her hand to her forehead. How could she be in charge of this house? She and Xiao Liulang had always been busy with their own things, occasionally having meals together.

This silly Xiaoshuang was tricked by the old lady's questions.

No wonder the old lady criticized the Gu family without pause, clearly understanding the enemy's situation from Gu Xiaoshuang.

"Why did she always ignore me when I talked to her before?" Gu Jiao asked, thinking that the old lady might think she was slow to react.

Gu Xiaoshuang said, "She said you're not filial and don't want to talk to you!"

Gu Jiao: "......"

Was it because she ate a few less candied fruits?

Gu Jiao went to the main hall. Obviously, Xiao Liulang had already talked to the old lady. She didn't know what Xiao Liulang said, but the old lady no longer had the arrogant demeanor she had before and looked a little down.

"After arguing and exhausting me, I'm going to sleep. Call me when the food is ready!" The old lady snorted and shook her big butt at a few people before going back to her room to take a nap.

Gu Jiao looked at Xiao Liulang.

Xiao Liulang hesitated for a moment and said, "The doctor said that the medicine needs to be taken according to the prescription for a year, but if the recovery is fast, the contagiousness will disappear after a month."

He didn't forcefully persuade Gu Jiao to keep the person, but simply told her that she would soon no longer be contagious. This was a hope that Gu Jiao would agree to continue to take her in.

Gu Jiao didn't know that this little black sesame glutinous rice ball could also show compassion to strangers at times.

Perhaps the old lady reminded him of his deceased brother.

"Okay, then let the old lady stay for now." Gu Jiao said with a sigh.

She didn't plan to drive her away anyway.

But it would be nice if she could do her a favor.

They temporarily acknowledged the old lady's identity, which was now the safest option.

As it turned out, their decision was correct. On the night of that same day, a group of soldiers rushed into Qingquan Village, searching for the escaped leper patient from the leprosy mountain.