Chapter 44: Document

The successful operation gave Second Master Dong great encouragement, and he decided to discuss the matter of receiving patients with Gu Jiao.

Of course, because it was a matter of great importance, some irrelevant information could be withheld, such as the risk of being beheaded if the treatment failed...

But before he even mentioned who the patient was, Gu Jiao rejected the request outright.

"Why?" Second Master Dong looked astonished.

Without hesitation, Gu Jiao replied, "It's too far. I don't make house calls. Tell him that if he wants treatment, he needs to come to Huichun Tang himself."

"I..." Second Master Dong was at a loss. After all, the other party was able to invite the imperial physician to their house, so how could they condescend to visit a small town clinic?

Second Master Dong smiled awkwardly and said, "It's not far. It's in the nearby hot spring resort in Qingquan Town."

Gu Jiao raised an eyebrow. "If you've left town, how can it still not be far away?"

" ... " Second Master Dong had no response.

He often felt that Gu Jiao was too capable and not like a village woman at all. But at this moment, she was acting like a typical provincial woman who had never traveled far from home.

Second Master Dong looked at Gu Jiao helplessly and said, "We agreed to receive patients once a month."

Gu Jiao spread her hands and said, "Yes, we agreed to receive patients, but not to make house calls."

"... " Second Master Dong was speechless.

"Miss Gu didn't agree, so let it be. At least we saved Huichun Tang's reputation." Wang the shopkeeper secretly breathed a sigh of relief when he learned that Gu Jiao had refused the request.

Second Master Dong was at a loss and said, "You don't understand. I've already sent the invitation..."

Wang the shopkeeper jumped up in shock. "What did you say, Master Dong?"

Second Master Dong cleared his throat and said, "I thought she would be able to cure Xiao Gongzi, so I... I sent the invitation in advance."

The whole country knew that the young master of Ding'an Marquis's Mansion was sick. Even if the consequences of poor treatment were severe, there were still many doctors queuing up to see the young master.

If they sent the invitation now, by the time their turn came, the young master might not be alive anymore.

shopkeeper Wang, I don't know what to say about him!"

Gu Jiao was unaware of the conversation between shopkeeper Wang and the second young master. She went to the lobby to fetch medicine, and to avoid others knowing that she was getting medicine to treat leprosy, she also obtained several other medicinal herbs that could be used to make some Golden Wound Medicine at home.

Feng Lin returned to the academy, while Gu Jiao and Xiao Liu Lang rode on Uncle Luo's ox cart back to the village.

Although Xiao Liu Lang's injuries were no longer painful, his right leg and foot had not yet regained their strength, so he couldn't yet discard his crutch.

He hobbled with his crutch next to Gu Jiao as they walked back, and from a distance they saw a carriage parked in front of their house, with a crest on it that looked familiar.

The carriage had clearly just arrived, and the coachman opened the curtains and helped a middle-aged man with an imposing demeanor down from the carriage.