Chapter 39: Sacrificial Wine

Perhaps it was her piercing gaze that still felt like a knife through the crowd, directly targeting the eyes of the little thief.

The little thief instinctively sensed danger and quickly got up and ran!

No one had ever escaped away from Gu Jiao's before!

Gu Jiao chased after him and entered a nearby alley.

The little thief used all his strength to escape, but Gu Jiao was still getting closer and closer. And he seemed to have chosen a dead end in his haste, with no way forward!

The little thief panicked and, in the heat of the moment, pulled out the dagger hidden in his sleeve.

"Don't come any closer! Or I'll kill you!" He roared angrily.

Gu Jiao didn't even lift her eyelids. She kicked the wall, using the force to leap up and then swiftly kicked the dagger out of the little thief's hand.

The little thief widened his eyes in shock. The next second, Gu Jiao's hand had fallen and kicked him hard in the chest. He didn't even have time to scream before he fell heavily to the ground.

Gu Jiao walked over coldly, kicked him aside with her foot, and picked up the purse that fell out of his sleeve.

Xiao Liu Lang was still waiting on the cart. Gu Jiao didn't have time to waste with him, nor did she plan to report to the officials. She was ready to leave when, as she turned around, the little thief quietly picked up the dagger from the ground.

But before he could strike, Gu Jiao stepped on his wrist with one foot, instantly breaking his bones.

"Ah--" The little thief let out a miserable scream. He couldn't understand how she did it. She didn't even look back, did she have eyes in the back of her head?

"Get him!"

Suddenly, several guards dressed in black rushed out of the front of the alley, not even glancing at Gu Jiao, and ran straight towards the little thief.

"Have you found him?"

At that moment, a young man came panting after them.

Perhaps he had run too fast and exhausted his stamina. He couldn't run any further and leaned against the wall, gasping for breath.

Gu Jiao walked past him.

He suddenly spoke, "Miss Gu?"

Gu Jiao stopped and looked at him, "sir Xiao Qin?"

Is the town really so small that one can encounter him even when catching a thief?

On the other side, the group of guards holding the little thief returned. One of them held a scroll and presented it to Xiao Qin, "Young Master, we found it!"

"So fast? Aren't habitual thieves difficult to catch?" Xiao Qin took the scroll.

One of the guards looked at Gu Jiao and said, "It was this young lady who caught him."

After the incident last time, Xiao Qin's impression of Gu Jiao had improved. Although Gu Jiao cheated him out of a hundred taels of silver, he preferred her greediness to being pestered by her.

"I appreciate your help once again." Xiao Qin said politely.

Gu Jiao glanced at him and said, "Why do you always get robbed?"

Xiao Qin awkwardly replied, "Perhaps the news has leaked, and we were being watched by our rivals."

He didn't specify what news it was, and Gu Jiao didn't ask. She just wanted to retrieve her money pouch and didn't care about anything else. She ignored Xiao Qin and left expressionlessly.