Chapter 7: The Dean

After arriving in town, Xiao Liulang was immediately taken to the medical center by his classmates.

There was a long line of people waiting outside the medical center, all of them there to see the renowned doctor.

The two of them stood at the back of the line.

Xiao Liulang said, "I'll give you the money for the fare later."

His classmate patted his chest and said, "We're classmates and fellow villagers, there's no need to be so polite. By the way, are you hungry?"

Xiao Liulang hadn't eaten anything, as he had left in a hurry. He took out a clean small package from his wide sleeves, opened it, and revealed three beautiful cornmeal steamed buns.

"Where did you get these buns?" Xiao Liulang felt that these buns looked a bit familiar.

His classmate replied, "They're from your kitchen. They had just been steamed when I went to your house."

Xiao Liulang furrowed his brow and asked, "How many did you leave?"

His classmate looked puzzled and said, "Weren't there only three? You made them yourself, don't you remember?"

Xiao Liulang pursed his lips and remained silent for a while before asking, "Why didn't you leave one for her?"

His classmate was shocked and said, "You mean that wicked woman? Why would I leave one for her? Hasn't she caused you enough trouble? Besides, she doesn't eat anything you make!"

His classmate took a bite of one of the steamed buns and his eyes widened. "Xiao brother, why are these buns so delicious today?"

Xiao Liulang walked out of the line.

Classmate: "Xiao Liu, where are you going? You're almost up!"

Xiao Liulang didn't say a word, just kept walking forward.

The classmate watched the long line that almost reached the alley and became anxious, saying to the woman behind him, "Auntie, let's go to the toilet and come back soon!"

He caught up with Xiao Liulang and asked, "What are you doing?"

"Buying osmanthus cake," Xiao Liulang replied, crossing the alley and arriving at Li Ji's storefront.

Li Ji was a century-old brand and there were just as many people queuing here as at the clinic.

The classmate was exasperated. "Are you crazy? Are you really going to buy osmanthus cake for that evil woman? Do you know that Dr. Zhang only sees patients for half a day? By the time you buy the cake, the yellow flower vegetables will be cold!"

Xiao Liulang was stubborn. Once he made up his mind, not even eight horses could pull him back.

An hour later, Xiao Liulang bought Li Ji's osmanthus cake.

"I hope Dr. Zhang hasn't left yet!" The classmate grabbed Xiao Liulang and they hurried to the clinic.

However, when they reached the clinic's door, the long line had disappeared, replaced by a group of curious onlookers and a team of stern and solemn soldiers.

The classmate turned to a middle-aged man beside him and asked, "Sir, what happened here? Where did all the patients go?"

The middle-aged man replied, "Just now, a lunatic rushed into the clinic and said the doctor had killed his wife. He took out a knife and started hacking away. Everyone inside was injured! Do you see that woman at the door? She was the last one to go in. As soon as she entered, the lunatic appeared! She was lucky enough to run out, but she fell and hit her head, bleeding!"