chapter 27: I'll buy her

Zazi fell into her mother's arms crying as she narrated what she heard. She mother was surpised. Binti? So the pregnancy she lost was Jacob's? Another black woman hurt by her white man. Her heart was more scared for her baby.
"Mama don't tell anyone, okay?" She snapped her out of her thoughts.

"I don't want the whole village to hate her. I won't tell anyone else too. "
Zazi did not know Jacob was the father, she got there the moment binti started claiming she snitched for love.

'.. ..I even betrayed my own. Everyone asks and wanders how they found out, but it was me. Yes mother,......'

She didn't know who she snitched to but it must be someone who told Jacob. Maybe a free slave or a rancher. She knew binti long enough to know she wanted a comfortable life and envied what the whites had..

Zazi barely noticed the blood stained clothe in her hand. She was just focused on digesting what she was hearing. But mumbi knew it had to be a man in the manor. She looked like she was just from having sex too.

It was either sebastian or Jacob. Sebastian was with zazi, so Jacob. She had seen her going to his office minutes before but didn't think much of it. But she didn't tell this to zazi.
"Okay, my love. I will not say a word."
She was obviously paying for her crimes.

That fast were the gods. She thought. But when will the ones who pulled the trigger get theirs?

Katrina couldn't wait anymore. She had a chance to get her man back and she had just been sitting by. She had no idea what her mother's plan was. It may work or may not but she wanted sebastian. She walked to the manor and went directly to Sebastian's room. She slowly opened the door and closed it as she got in. Sebastian was still in bed and looked so peaceful and appeared to be smiling in his sleep. He was sleeping on his back.
Her chest was exposed.
She kissed him and traced her hand on his abs. She kissed his abs and the hands wondered waking Sebastian up and then backed up. "Katrina? What are you doing?" He said in a raspy voice as he rubbed his eyes trying to look at her.

That's when she realized he was naked.
"I didn't know you sleep naked." She whispered biting her lips. She then got on top on his parting her legs and started kissing him again. He got her off her. He pulled the blanket to cover himself better. Katrina liked how he was getting shy and it was a motivation.

Katrina was about to get on him again when she noticed something on the sheets. She looked at it one more time and it was a little blood stain. She looked at sebastian, noticed again he was naked then back at the blood stain.
"Did you sleep with someone here?"
"Waa.. Waaat.."
"Where is this blood stain from? I know damn was its not your ass that's bleeding."
"Katrina...." He said as he took his trouser and put it on. "Katrina look..."
"It was that dirty slave wasn't it? You slept with her on this bed that was supposed to be shared by us? How dare you?" She screamed every word she walked to him pushing him and punching him.

"You agreed to marry me in england you were promised to me and now you have other women in your bed?" Her voice was now louder. The family rushed in the room one by one wondering what was going on.
Betty after Jacob, Jacob after brenda and brenda after Anna.
"What's with all the noise so early in the mourning?" Brenda asked confused.
"Here!" Katrina pointed at the blood stain. "My fiance had sex with that dirty slave zazi." She screamed as everyone looked at the stain. Anna found herself smiling.
"Where is she? Where is she hiding?Is she hiding in bathroom?" She raised there and looked every corner in Sebastian's whole room for her.
"Katrina calm down!" Jacob said.
"Don't tell her to calm down! What is tje meaning of this? Your son is being women in the bed they are supposed to share as their marital bed?" Betty asked. Jacob turned to sebastian.

"All this drama in the morning is very much not needed. Sebastian, is this true? Did you cheat on her this zazi?"
He tried to contain his annoyance.

"Yes father. And what i do is none of your business."

"Its my business you're under my hoise. And zazi is my slave, she belongs to me i have every right to anything that involves her."
"Then I'll move out as soon as next week. And name your price for zazi, i will buy her from you."
"What? How dare you talk to me like that?"
"How dare me? You lied to me that the farm was bankrupt just so the Hollands can give you money to mine and get you a market? You wanted me to give up my freedom for yiu own benefit, i was a slave to you too wasn't i? You told me my little sister and my mother would end up on the streets if you didn't get the money. I did this thinking of them, i agreed to marry a woman i did not know because of them. Only to realize i was a pan in your games. Katrina just wanted and you sold me to her. Well, that changed today. I will buy myself out of this."
He then turned to betty
"I will give every cent you were paid for me. And after that, we are done."
"Sebastian." Katrina suddenly started crying.

"I didn't buy your freedom. I love you Sebastian. And i know your a man of honor, a noble man, you woyild leave a poor woman and shame her like this infront of everyone by refusing to marry her."
"Don't do that. Don't try to guilt me into this, don't try to use that on me. It will not work." He then took his shirt.

"Betty make sure you tell me the amount. Father, price for zazi to stop being your slave,"

He then left everyone in his room and walked away. Anna's smile was ear to ear.

Finally, he was leaving this girl and getting with zazi. The month where they went on a break really affected him. It was obvious they loved each other.