chapter 51: his brother

"How did you know when to come?"
Zazi asked surprised at arnold's timing.

He himself hadn't really known there was trouble, but ever since his wife got that bruise, he was worried and he decided to come see her and take her home every time he could, if not everyday.

"Instinct maybe!" He smiled. Did Jacob strike zazi? He wandered. He didn't see him with a whip in his belt that evening..

"Zazi i need you to have something."
He opened a case and removed a shot gun.

"A gun?"

"For your protection!"

"You.. You want me to carry around a gun?"

"Yes. I want you to carry around a gun. And don't be afraid to use it to defend yourself. "

"But Arnold..."

"It wasn't a request."

Zazi reluctantly took the gun.

She had used a gun before in those three years. Arnold liked hunting and they would go together to hunt some antelopes and that was how she learned how to aim and shoot.

Was this because of jacob? Did she get a gun because the incident?

He was the type who did everything to keep her safe.

He would get paranoid over a scratch on her and ready for war.

If zazi told her she tripped and that was how she scratched herself, he would need to hear from a witness before her calmed down.

"Zazi has become so beautiful. She always was but now, she is angelic."
Anna described to Binti as Binti combed her hair.

"You met her again?"

"Yes at her restaurant. Her husband build it for her. You can tell her really adores her and here i was praying she would take Sebastian back."

"I was hoping for that too." Binti and ana knew why Sebastian left but they didn't know the other knew why Sebastian left.

So they didn't voice their reasons.

"But he gave zazi a beautiful life. Saved her when we couldn't. And zazi hates Sebastian."

"She believes he abandoned her. Her feelings are validated...... Where is zazi's restaurant?"

"Ow its the north of the town. The path that leads to the church, you take two rights after. You cant miss it. It quite big." She said. "I could take you there one day."

"I would love that." Binti smiled at her. She would love to see zazi, but who knew if zazi would love to see her.

The next day, zazi was just opening the restaurant. It was Saturday abd the girls begged her to take her with them and zazi agreed.

If she knew what the day had in store for her at the hotel she would have left them at home.

The moment the doors open, she left a hand touching her shoulders.
She turned to see Jacob standing in front of her.

Call it a reflex, she grabbed her children in panic.

"What are you doing here?"

"And a good morning to you to darling. How are these little ones?"

Thankfully just then, donald appeared.

"Take them in my office please."

"Of course my mistress."

Zazi was face to face with her life's biggest monster and he was smiling at her like he was expecting a hug.

"So which one of them was sebastian's? Wait i heard none because you were seeing both him and Arnold at the same time just as he was seeing you and katrina. And then when he left you held on to Arnold, and here I thought you were so innocent. You even hid the other child"