chapter 45: invitation

I guess they were wrong about to white man not loving a black woman. Maybe the man shouldn't be from the lockwood ranch. Because Arnold sure had fallen deep.

The twins were just like their mother, they loved the water. So Arnold made them a pool since they had such a bad experience at the lake.

Even though they got Jennie, so it wasn't so bad, it was blessing.

But he couldn't help but wonder how many children were under that river.

What if his daughters find something and gets traumatized?

So they used the pool. Zazi would play with the girls in the pool and the maids were ready with towels if they needed any.

The children just loved the water. One day she would take them to the waterfall where they would jump into the water.

It wasn't in anyone's property so it was safe to go. Actually it was in the middle of lockwood and crane ranches.

"Mistress zazi. A message for you!"
She got out of the water and took the letter from Arnold's assistant.
It was address to mister and mrs crane.

But that was not what caught her eyes. It said it was from the Lockwoods.

Zazi took a towel dried herself, sat near the pool and opened it.
She read it all without breathing.
Sebastian and Katrina were back from england. A welcome feast was to be held which was also an engagement party. He hoped they would come.

"All this years and still just engaged?" She wondered.

"Mama look!" Jennie called to zazi.
She did a butterfly style in the water.

"Yeeey!" Zazi clapped for her.

"Mama look at me too." Lily called next and did the same.

"Good job lily! You're both so good!" She cheered for them.

"Come lets go eat!"

She just wanted them out of water because the sky was changing, looking like it would rain soon.

Zazi then changed them into dry warm clothes, let their hair lose then changed herself.

They had their nannies who took care of them so she just asked them to the kitchen for lunch.
"Will you feed me mama?" Jennie asked. As she always did.
"How about your nanny kenzi feeds you then I'll feed you dinner okay baby?" She nodded and left.

She then knocked on her husband's study door. He had been locked in there all day that no one thought he was home.

She opened the peeping.
"Can i come in?" She asked sweetly.

"Sure my love, come in."

He was working on a design to give to the crafts men to make into a Crown. But he felt it was not unique enough. The crown was more like a tiara, for a woman.

"Are you not done, yet?"

"No, no.  This crown is supposed to be taken to the palace. This was what I've been waiting for and I don't feel its good enough."

"You know my father used to say, when you are stuck. No clear path ahead, distract yourself!"

"Distract myself?"

"Yes. By playing a game. Having a conversation with someone. Something to get your mind of it for a little bit. Your mind would open and you will find what you're looking for. Want to try?"

"Sure. " zazi took out the chess game. They were very competitive and it was almost hard to tell who would win. But then of course, as always, Arnold won.

"You have think faster to beat me. I'm the champion!"

Just then he thought of something and started drawing it down.

And there it was, that game helped me finish the crown and it was lovely.
"Wow!" That was all zazi said. And that was enough.

"Something came for you."

"What?"

"An invitation!" He gave him the letter and he read it then turned to zazi.

"I want to go!" She didn't wait for him to say anything.

"Are you sure?"

"I've been living my life scared of them. Thinking they were better and more important than me. I want jacob to see that he didn't kill her. He didn't break me. Instead, he gave me and my daughter a better life. If he hadn't forced me to run, i wouldn't have wond up here. I wouldn't have found you, i wouldn't have found jennie. I wouldn't be this happy!"

"And what about sebastian?"

"Nothing." She shrugged.
"You're the father of my daughter. You're my husband. You're my love. That is all that matters. I don't even think he would care anyway."

Her face was neutral. She was neither angry, nor happy. Sad or hurt. She was just okay. She was just at peace.

Jacob wanted Arnold to come because he had been avoiding him and never worked on the crown he sent his messenger for. He just said, he went another route.

He didn't even invite him to his wedding of three years ago. He had to hear it from others he married a negro.

He personally went to congratulated him at his office and he made the meeting brief.

But he hoped he could come to this engagement because Sebastian and katrina never got married, much to his annoyance.

He hoped this timr jr could make an impression on his to like him. Because he didn't understand why he didn't like him.

A man like crane was good as an ally. He had alot of pull. Especially in jewelry. He had all the rich buyers waiting for  the next collection.

Had the dutches wearing his designs. And now its rumored, the queen herself?

Sebastian and katrina arrived a week before and he immediately went to his manor.

A house he had bought four years ago before leaving. The one he had wanted to move into with his love. He had someone take care of it and now he stayed there.

Anna wrote to him telling him all about what happened.

About zazi's being pregnant, and about what her father did and zazi's death. She asked him why he left. If he ever loved zazi.

He wrote back just saying he would be back soon.
That week he was there, he asked Binti to take him to zazi's grave. It was written, zazi and her little one."

He stared at the grave for almost an hour then went back to his house.
He asked about Mumbi but she was sold. The house was still there but locked.

No one went to it, they felt it ess just okay to leave it at it is. It was a house of an elder.

Sebastian held zazi's beads and played with it in his hands.

Binti had recently found out she was pregnant.

This was the eight pregnancy and she was afraid. She had been losing her children for four years.

She just wanted this one to survive