chapter 48: she's shy

They just pulled her until they reached the swing and zazi had no choice.

They were two so anna could push one as zazi pushes the other.

"I have so many questions zazi."

"I'm sure you do."

"When can we just sit down and talk?"
"I can a restaurant in town. You can come visit me at anytime. I'm always there, except on sunday."

They talk some more and Anna told her about herself.

Binti was about to head out when she spotted anna with zazi.

'Zazi you're alive.'

She wished she could go there and hug her and ask her how she survived.

But stopped herself, she still felt guilty about what she did to her father and was sure zazi still hated her.

"Mama higher!" She heard one of children say.

"Okay!" Zazi pushed harder.

Those must be her children.

Who knew mixed children were so beautiful. She held her  stomach as she stared at them. This one must survive.

Zazi and anna heard it was time for a toast.

The put thet girls down. Jennie runs from anna's hold to take her mother's free hand.

"She's shy!" Hoping that would explain it.

She had been using this as an excuse everytime. Jennie was just the type who only wanted mummy to hold her. Mummy to do this and that for her, nobody else. They had tried to control this, even Mumbi tried.

But they failed miserably.
Maybe she adapted to this from her first days in this world.

Maybe she just had separation issues from zazi because zazi was the first time she felt loved after being neglected for since day one.

Because zazi too was the first time lily felt love but she was more independent than jennie.

She loved her parents but she could easily stay with her nanny, let her tuck her in. But jennie would throw a fit. If not zazi, then no one. Sometime papa or mumbi who they called, koko but that would be after alot of persuasions.

Maybe she would grow out of it. Maybe she would learn from her sister. The more they tried to get zazi away from her, the clingier she got when they got back together.

".... So raise your glass for a toast to Katrina and Sebastian's wedding coming soon."

As he finished his sentence, he saw zazi in the crown and he froze.

It took a moment to get back and drink the wine.

Some people gathered to talk to him but he made it quick so he could get to zazi.

When finally escaped, zazi was no where to be seen.

"Zazi? Zazi crane. Oww she just left with her husband arnold crane and their children!" The doorman said.

Husband? Children? Zazi crane? What the hell!

Sebastian too was looking around for them. It didn't take long to realize they had left.

Anna held on to her invitation to zazi's restaurant. She looked forwards to listening to her sing, and just talking to her.

"Koko!" The children hugged their grandma as soon as they got home.
"There are my children. Did you have fun?"
"There was a lot of grownups and just two children!" Lily complained.

"Oowww, so not many to play with?"

"Yes. And mama and papa were so busy with their friends they didn't play with us that much." Jennie added, it was like they were telling on them hoping they got punished

"That was so bad of mama and papa. But then it was a party, you're supposed to be inside," attacking and defending, I see.
"Okay. Okay. That's enough. Go to your room, ill be there soon to tuck you in." Zazi send them away.

"I told you, we won't be there for long."
"You did. So how was it?"
"The same i guess."
"I am tired. I just need a bath. Ill go tuck the girls in for you. Then ill be in the room." Arnold excused himself thinking they might need some privacy.
..........
"So, how really was it."
"I saw him. They were together toasting on their wedding plans."

"How long does it take to get married? Four years?"

"...."

"But anyway. How did you feel?"
"When i saw Sebastian? Nothing. When i saw katrina? A little hate for what she put me through. For Jacob? I wanted to commit murder. I just wanted to struggle him right there. You told me to forgive for my own leave of mind, i forgave everyone else. But not Jacob. He could have killed you too if you bled to death from taking your leg."

Zazi felt her body shake with anger.
"He was right, his name should never be carried my children. I don't want them associated with him ever. That is bad blood."

Arnold was in the corner listening.

"So Sebastian...."

"I don't have his child. Lily isn't his. Remember anna wasn't there the whole birth? You sent her to get something? The other midwife died, you told me that. Who can prove i didn't give birth to twins? Before Sebastian left there was no trace i was pregnant. I want them to believe what everyone believes. The children, lily, is Arnold's, did I cheat on Sebastian when we were together? Did I run to Arnold secretly when he left and conceive, maybe. But my children are Arnold's no one else's. And as far as i know, they are cranes."

Arnold then walked away feeling a little at easy. He saw how Sebastian looked at zazi with longing in his eyes. How he looked at lily. He was almost afraid zazi would leave him and go back to him.

But this was good.
He put his daughters to bed.
Took a bath.

He found zazi in the bedroom trying to open her dress.

He got behind her and slowly opened it for her. She was startled a bit since he was so quiet she didn't notice him

She then thanked him but he didn't stop there, he carried her to the bed, his eyes locked into hers. He didn't say anything. He also didn't want her to talk.

All he wanted was to make love.