chapter 30: shall we my love?

The sun was up, and so was the village. Everyone was heading to their jobs, well their unpaid jobs. It had rained during the night so the ground was quiet wet and muddy.

                  Zazi was walking by herself, her head was in wonderland. She kept imagining how her she would walk down the aisle with Sebastian. People did that now, it wasn't just paying the bride price and taking the wife, a whole ceremony. You walk down as people stare at you then you exchange rings, the bride was given a white gown. Flowers everywhere.

She wanted that.

The traditional way was the man pays the bride price, a day is set and they come early before the sunrises and 'kidnaps' their bride.

Before morning she is at her husband's house. But now, you do a ceremony. Zazi wanted that.
The village had started embracing that but  the custom of the bride price was not removed.

You have to pay 12 head of cattle to the father. Well since her father wasn't around to receive it,her uncles would be in charge. When the cattles arrive, two would be given or 3 would be given to the uncles. Marriage was considered a right of passage. Anyone who didn't marry or get married? Something must be seriously wrong.

Even a stupid man had a wife.

For them, the bride would dress in a traditional attire but with sheep wool, to give it the white. Zazi imagined making her dress. She would wear her famous waist beads, a head dress and some ankle bracelet.

She then imagined what their children would look like. Their hair, would it be straight as Sebastian? Or kinky as zazi? Would they be as dark as zazi or as light as sebastian? Would their first be a boy? Or a baby girl? Maybe she should ask sebastian what he wanted wanted first... Yes.

She ran excitedly to the manor. She couldn't wait, she was too anxious for his response. They never really talk about this. She didn't even know if he wanted children or not. What if he doesn't?...

Zazi's steps came to a holt when she saw a scene. Sebastian was carrying his luggage to a carriage.  Some men were putting it in the back.

Was he leaving? Abruptly without telling me?

At first she thought nothing bad of it, maybe it was not his, then suddenly, katrina walked up to him with her luggage following behind her. Her eyes met zazi and she smirked then kissed sebastian, on the lips.

"Shall we my love?" She read her lips. She took Sebastian's hand and he voluntarily got in the carriage with her.

No! No! It can be!
"Sebastian!" She screamed.

"Sebastian! Sebastian! Sebastiaaaaaaaannnn!" But he didn't even turn his head her way. She ran forward as he settled in the carriage. She called on to him as she was running.

"Sebastian! Sebastian!" She knew he could hear her but he didn't stop.

The driver of the carriage then hit the horses and thy started moving away.  She stood there for a second.

"Sebastian!" Tears rolled down her face. She decided to ran after the them. She only took three steps before slipping and following in muddy paddle.

Her entire dress and her jaw was covered in mud. Binti was walking to work when she saw this and decided to ran and help her up when Gil  suddenly grabbed her hair and started dragging her away. He dragged her through the mud as she just looked at the carriage.

She saw and knew sebastian saw this. He was looking at her. She could feel it too. But he didn't stop. He kept going until he was out of her sight.

Binti's heart ached as she watched zazi's face. Sebastian must as left with Katrina. She decided to slowly follow and see where Gil was taking zazi. He took her to the stables.