Chapter 28: i have to tell you

The next few days there was tension in the house. Brenda saw how happy was with zazi compared to katrina and decided not to interfere. It was obvious zazi loved him too and their display of affection was more public. So in the family, on Jacob was against it.
"Our son is happy. That's all that matters. He will repay your debt you will be good. So let it be."

"Let it be? Never, I will not!"

"And why is that?"

"Why? You're seriously asking me why? Fine. Since you're so blind.... I do not want a black in my family!"

" not even when your son is in love?"

"No! No he is not marrying a black woman. No son of mine is marrying those people. I will disown him if he ever gets there!"

Brenda just stared at him shocked. He hated them that much?

"But you play with your maid binti all the time!"

"See that's different. Im married to a white woman, a beautiful high class white woman. And she is just a toy we can play with. That's basically what they all are. Its one thing to have them on the side but marrying them? A slave? No, I don't want that blood mixed with mine"

Brenda just kept quiet, if this 25 years of being with him taught her anything? Is that she can never win such an arguments with him.

Zazi was listening behind the shadows and her heart cracked a little.

That evening, as Binti was bringing his tea, she heard noises through the door and decided to listen.

She heard Jacob tell katrina and betty not to worry he would fix this. Katrina suggested killing zazi which made Binti jump a little. If she  died, nothing  would happened.

There was no law against killing a slave, which she was.

But thankfully Jacobs said no. Sebastian would know its them and would hate all of them including katrina for that and would definitely not marry katrina.

Jacob however came up with a plan, which would be fixed along with betty's. Binti listened keenly as they  agreed to it.

When there was silence suddenly, she panicked thinking they were about to leave and catch her so she knocked.

"Your tea master," she put the tea on the table.

"We'll be on our way ," the other two ladies excused themselves and binti was left with Jacob.

With Jacob so stressed this past few days about fixing the zazi problem without hurting zazi, his lust grew and he just spend almost all day in his study forcing himself on Binti.

Binti loved this jerk, so it was a bittersweet experience.

When he was done, she left before he could kick her out and started looking for zazi.

She didn't want to talk to her ever since she found out what she did and binti couldn't blame her.

But she had to get her to listen and warn her. She had thought of telling sebastian but they weren't really close and didn't know how he would react,if he even would believe her and stop them.

She passed by the kitchen where mumbi was given tea and how the family was fighting some days ago because Sebastian slept with zazi on his bed.

That was the zazi was supposed to be with Anna. She didn't notice anything different since she was too shocked with everything about binti.

Binti and her eyes met but she quickly looked away. Binti figured zazi might have told her. She walked on trying to find zazi. Just then she spotted her walking with Sebastian and tito. Without a thought, she quickly chased after them
.
"Zazi!" She called out. "zazi can we talk,"

Zazi didn't even look at her.
"Hi binti how are you." Sebastian said hi.

"Hi master Sebastian. Im doing okay."

"Should i give you two some privacy?.."

"No. That wont be necessary." Zazi interrupted. "We're no longer friends." Looking binti straight in the eye.

"Zazi, i know what I did was bad and you have every right to be upset but...."

"But nothing. But, nothing!"

"There is something you should know zazi. I have to tell you to protect you, both of you!"

"Protect me?You betrayed me binti, you betrayed everyone. I am actually being nice and not told the  village what you did. But don't take this as I have forgiven you. What you did was unforgivable. I don't care what you have say now. Stay away from me! Stay away from my mum and stay away from Sebastian!"

"...."

"Lets go!"

She dragged sebastian away. Binti looked at their backs helpless, now what?

She could only pray. Zazi didn't want or need her help, it looked like.

How else did she expect zazi to act when even her own mother was acting like she didn't existed. Like she was invisible. She never said a word to her since, refused to eat food she prepared. Even when she tried she got the silent treatment.

"What was that about?" Sebastian finally asked zazi.
"Its nothing. It doesn't matter."
"Well that looked like it matter, zazi!"
"I'll tell you one day, I don't want that to ruin our swim!"

And it didn't, the water was theirs to enjoy all afternoon.

He even got to play with tito for the first time.