chapter 37: nothing else you can do

And so the little baby was named lily.
.

When she first met Sebastian there was Lilies at the water. That was the first time she liked him.
Most of their memories were there, the time when her love was naive and pure. At least that was a good memory.

They spent the whole day under the tree, zazi kept thinking about where to go next and what to do. But decided to stay there for the day first.

Now at sundown.

She picked up the clothes that were dry then and put them in the bag. Just then she heard horses noises nearby. It might be the men looking for her. She decided to hide in some bushes nearby, but the moment she ties lily on her stomach, she starts crying.

Oh no!.

She had to run before they follow lily's voice.

She ran fast across the stream. She ran into a forest when she heard the horses following her. A man shot and it missed her by an inch.

She ran and ran and because she couldn't see, or just was too quick to notice, she slid down a cliff..

When she realizes this, she keeps herself sliding on her back instead of rolling so she doesnt hurt the baby. The trip down was not painless and she could feel cuts on her back from the stones she went through.

The horsemen stopped at the edge and looked down.

"Do you think she survived?"

"Impossible! She is dead. And even if she isnt, she must be badly injured, there is no people living under there close to help her, she'll end up eated by a wild animal. Both her and the abomination of a baby!"

"Let's go back and tell the boss she is dead!"

"Yeah cause I'm not going down there to confirm.!"

Ondi and three other men hid as the horsemen left.
"We have to go down there and find her!"

"How?"
"There is a sloppy path going down, right there!" He pointed.

"But its too risky!" One man said.

"But you'll get paid more!"

That's all ondi needed to say.

They took out their lamps and took a path down. They searched and searched the entire place but no zazi. Ondi didn't want to give up, until one man pointed a deep hole.

"What if she fell inside there?"

"It cant be!" He refused to believe.

"It is almost direct to where she fell. Look around, she isn't anywhere. There is only one place she could be now. And if she's in there, she dead. Well, both of them. The baby too!"

"Then lets go in there and get her!"

"What's suicide, holes like that there is never a way out, that is if you even find a safe way to get down. And they are very deep. And could have huge snakes like anaconda! We would die too!"

They led him away. He resisted at first but they told him he had done all he could. There was nothing else left. Zazi fell in that hole and now she is dead.

Ondi held his tears. He couldn't cry now. For his father always said, "a man's tears must not be seen,"

You can cry, but never infront of other, never in public.

Cry when you're alone but be strong next to other. Men were shoulders to cry on, strengths and pillars. So you had to be strong for others.