chapter 65: guess who?

It was early in the morning.

The memories of the ball wasn't bad but it wasn't good either.

Arnold and zazi didn't discuss what happened. Neither the good or the bad but Arnold found his father's behavior strange.

But he knew if he asked he would just be dismissed without any answers.

So he would investigate. He decided to go to the company and find the bracelet project.

He hoped he found the file. So that day he would go and spend the day at the office. He did his research on brenda and knew her last name.

And with her coming from a noble family, it didn't take long before he found her father and mother's name, Rodney and Elizabeth Crichton.

The Crichtons.

But before he did anything, he had someone to threaten.

Zazi had asked the girls who gave them the candy but they just said, her friend.

Zazi had to make another warning for her children, unless she hears from her, they don't take anything from anyone they don't know.

Sebastian was going to Roger. He wanted to be there every step of the way to check on everything.

He wanted to know about the test result as soon as possible.

But before he could find a carriage to take him, he felt something behind him, poking him.

"Move forward in a straight line and don't make any sounds or bring attention to you or i will stab you."

He didn't see his face but did as he said. He led him in between buildings. When he saw the man in the alley, he knew what this was about.

"Hello Mr Lockwood." Arnold said.

"So you got someone to help you do your dirty work? I thought this was between us."

"It is. But i can still take care of you how i see fits. Sebastian stay away from my wife."

"That would be kinda hard based on the history we shared. The child we have....."

"You don't have any children with her."

"Are you sure about that? Are you sure  none of those children are mine? Is not all?"

"What makes you sure they are not?"

"Let us make a deal. If by this month i find out the children are not mine, i will stay away from zazi. But if they are, I'm winning her back."

"And how do you intend to find that out?"

"You will know soon enough."

"Okay. We have a deal. However you will find out. But if they turn out to be mine, stay away from zazi or things will get ugly."

Sebastian just left. Arnold was confused on how he planned to know such information but he didn't worry.
He was mad and wanted to beat him up if he needed to but it turned so pleasant.

A few weeks later.

The DNA was almost ready. This was a little more complex and took a little more time

Martha and isabella were on a sister's day.  They decided to go and get some tea and cookies at a coffee shop.

"I can't wait for the results to me in and that slave can leave us forever."
Martha said with distain in her voice.
She hated her so much.

And without her brother's protection, she can put her in her place.

"And what if it comes out they your nieces."

"No, those brats cannot be related to me. And you will find out about that soon."

Isabella just shook her head. She hoped the results would be positive.

  Because if not and zazi lost Arnold, she would be hurt really badly by Martha.

Just then a woman walked toward them.

"Hello there," she said.
"Hello. Do we know each other?" Martha asked.

"My name is Katrina holland. I don't think you know me, but i know you."

"How so?"

"Let's just say, we share a common enemy." She said to Martha.

Katrina knew about Martha hating on zazi, it was all she talked about to her friends on ball night.

And katrina knew who to come to for her plan.

"What is this common enemy?"

"Zazi." She said smirking. "I can help you get rid of her."

"Come sit with us." Martha said smirking back at her.

The women heard her plan. She had a brilliant one and only needed martha for one thing.

"Instead of just zazi, why don't we get rid of the girls too."

"Martha, we were supposed to wait. What about if the girls are your nieces."
"I don't care. They are not."

"I understand if you hate zazi although its for no reason. But Lily and Jennie? They haven't done anything to you. And you are talkin about killing zazi too? Don't go through with this. She is our brother's wife." Isabella tried to reason with him.

"I am. And we are. And don't you dare warn her or tell Arnold." Martha warned Isabella.

Isabella just sat there nervously. She was listening to this sick plan and wasn't doing anything about it.

Zazi was in her room playing with the girls. Just then, the door was knocked.

"Let me check who is it." Zazi got up and went to the door. The moment she saw the person on the other side, she immediately frowned.

"Martha, what an unwelcoming surprise."

"Zazi, good morning."

"What do you want?"

"To talk to you. And apologize maybe. Can I come in?"

"No. You are not going anywhere near my children."

"Okay. I understand. Then why don't we go outside then. And talk."

"What are you up to Martha?"

"Zazi. Please. I just want to talk to you."

Zazi closed the bedroom door and followed martha outside the building of the hotel.

Just then, the bedroom door opened and two men walked in.

"Girls, your mom said to come get you"

"But mama was just here."

"Yes and she is outside. She needs you to go with her somewhere."

"But...."

"Let's go now or she will leave without you."

The girls followed the men hurriedly to find their mother.

Zazi followed her to an alley, the same one Sebastian was with Arnold.

"So what do you want to tell m....."
She was knocked out by a blow on the head before she even finished her sentenced by someone from behind her.

The man carried zazi into a carriage waiting. The girls were put in the carriage too and when they saw their mother unconscious they started crying.

"Mama? Mama what's wrong?"

The carriage started moving.

"Mama! Mama! Wake up?"

"Could you two shut up!" Martha was ready to strike jennie is she didn't stop whining.

"Aunt what was wrong with mama?"

"Do I look like your aunt? Huh? And if you don't shut up right now? I will slap you!" They trembled at the venom in her eyes and held their tongue.

The girls got scared for their mother who was still not opening her eyes and kept trying to shake zazi to wake up.

Tears ran down their faces as they were so afraid.