chapter 52: Lockwood flood day

Brenda left around 4 o'clock.

Zazi felt as ease. She still didn't believe her intentions.

You would have thought she came to still DNA right? For paternity test? But no, in the 1800s there was no such science.

But there was man who was working on it. Maybe not to prove who the father was.

She just knew they were Sebastian's and zazi pulled a survival.

How could she blame her, when she once did the same.

And during their unhappy marriage, she told Jacob. More like angrily let it slip out. That was icing to the cake.

Jacob decided after she left zazi's, to go to Arnold's office. To see if they could do another deal. A partnership.
He explained himself saying it wasn't what it looked like and apologized for coming off as harassing zazi.

He had had his success in the mining business but he had them all sold to Betty's business. They made jewelry but it was not as big and famous as Crane jewelry.

Maybe if he worked wth Arnold he could make more. Arnold decided to agree. Much to his surprise. He agreed to buy gold from him of certain quantity. But if he wanted jewelry,he would have to design it himself. And let him approve them before introducing him to some suppliers and buyers.

But he had no idea how strategic arnold was being.

He left feeling little less hate for him for having everything he wanted including zazi.

But his goal was zazi. Take her from him. He would use Arnold to get to his level, take him down and have everything he had including zazi.

This man had everything he wanted. He wished. The power, the influence, the loyalty of everything. And now the woman.

He kept beating him.

Everyone either loved Arnold or feared him. No one hated him.

Their loyalty was because of either.
For Jacob, it was either they hated or feared. Loyalty, was forced.

It was closing time and zazi couldn't be more happy about this.

Sartuday was the busiest time and they closed a little late. Zazi didn't really operate at night because she needed to be home to her husband.

On Friday and Saturday though, they closed at 9 pm.

They put the chairs up, cleaned the whole place.

The babies were asleep.
She had some of the workers carrying them, before they could get out, Sebastian appeared with flowers in his hands.

"I swear to god if i see another lockwood again I will scream," she said to herself.

"Hi zazi. I had to catch you before you left. This are for you."

"I don't want them. And i have to leave."

"Well you're not leaving until we talk."

"Okay. Let's talk then " zazi then turned to the girls carrying the children. "Please seat close so you don't get tired. We'll leave soon."

She then turned to him.

"Make it quick."

"Okay but, would you accept this flowers? Please?"
Zazi took the flowers.

"Okay. You're welcome."

"Get to why you are here." Zazi was not in the mood.

"Zazi, i am sorry for everything that happened. God knows i never meant to hurt you..."