chapter 39: angry at zazi

Zazi and Arnold decide the next day to go for a walk in town as he got her and lily new clothes. He didn't want her wearing his wife's clothes anymore.

Well, ex wife.

He still hadn't gotten over how she left him because he wasn't as perfect as she thought.

Even his workers had wives to go home to but here he was, neglected by a woman he thought was the love of his life. Right after he revealed his secret.

He had to admit zazi being there for just two days had helped him not stare at his ex's clothes she left behind hoping she would come back to him. He didn't feel so lonely.

And she was a cute girl. Very young. And he must admit, very innocent. There was just a way she viewed the world. Still so childlike. Sure what she went through did harm her but she was very refreshing.

So optimistic. Not a sign of depression on her face. She was breathe of fresh air.

Well zazi had decided to close the Sebastian and her past, everything from two days ago in a dungeon and throw away the key.

There was no use crying over spilt milk. What happened happened and the gods were giving her a fresh start.

So she won't ruin it by dwelling on the past. She did get nightmares and sleepless night. She did have times when he brain messed with her by reminding her about her heart break of months ago, close to a year.

About her trauma in saving her daughter, but she knew how to push those thoughts away and remain with a smile on her face.

And she had gotten a little more comfortable around Arnold. She just wondered, with this more things he did for her, how will she ever repay him?

Jacob is the first to get the results of the search. He should be happy that they fell of the cliff and died, right?

But he was angry.

He was pissed.

He screamed at the men to leave his office and not show their face to him.

He felt his veins bulge.

His eyes turned red.

Even his face was red.

He looked very scary as he stared into nothing.

He was mad at himself. He was mad at those men.

And he was mad at everyone.

He wanted zazi back alive, just not with a child.
Zazi wasn't supposed to be one to die.

The plan was to take zazi a place where he only knew and then kill the brat.
That was what they had to do.
But those stupid men had to scare her off a cliff.

And stupid zazi decided a baby's life was more important than here? A baby that's just born? If it died what is the lose? Who does it affect?

He was angry at zazi. Why is she so stubborn?

If she wanted children he can give her more. She didn't need to hold on to this one with his stupid son who was so easy to manipulate.

Zazi just decided to die. She kept running away from him and now she found a permanent way to do so.

They would have had fun at that place. A fancy cottage far away.

He would have made it up to her with as many babies as she wanted just as long as she gave the one he had with his son up.

He would have had maids there to pamper her, she wouldn't have lifted a finger.

Didn't zazi know Jacob would do that for her?

But everytime he never got a chance to get to her.

And when they talked, she looked so scared around him.

Didn't she know he would never harm her.

Her parents, friends or anyone else yes, but never zazi herself.

He just threw her in the pit just to teach her a lesson about going with another man other than him.

God knew how much he tolerated Sebastian and hers relationship. Held back so many times. This made him feel away about his son for a bit

Zazi didn't even notice how she had it easy? She didn't get whipped when she should have about pushing katrina.

Jacob saved her from rape.

And she didn't go to mine to work or lose a hand.
But when jacob wanted to take zazi, then anna refused, it wasn't for the mine. He just wanted to take her somewhere.

His annoying daughter was like a shield, limiting his access everytime. And now when he had the perfect plan to get her and her only to a private place for himself, she went ahead and died.