chapter 49: zazi's place

Arnold had sent a letter to his family about zazi. He told them he got two daughters now and they were half black.

  He got the letter back telling him to bring zazi to England so they can meet him. They were happy zazi gave him children. They didn't understand how because of his accident, maybe he had a little seed left. But then why didn't he get suzy pregnant during those five years?

Medicine had not evolved enough to explain that.

But Arnold didn't want to bring zazi to meet them, he didn't want his daughters near them.

They were the original racists and not even the children would be spared. You thought Jacob was bad with the looking down on? You haven't seen anything yet.

He knew they would mistreat her. Who knew for how long Zazi would take before she broke and ran away. So he decided not to reply back if they would come. Let them not know if they are coming or not.

Sebastian told anna if she could take him to Zazi, he would tell her everything that happened. So anna, the next day. Took Sebastian with her to zazi's hotel.

The hotel was the definition of elegant. She had heard of this restaurant, linnie restaurant (lily + jennie combined).

  As soon as they gave their invite, they got a table immediately. The place had two floors.

The first floor was for the guests and customers. It had a lot ofelegant white people who felt like hoke there.
This was like hotels back in England and they had missed that.

Up the stairs were a band with instruments. There were lead violins and trumpets creating the mood.

(Couldn't find the best picture to describe this)

When they were done, a black man playing the flute came to a spot in the middle of the stairs which was like a spotlight stage

When they were done, a black man playing the flute came to a spot in the middle of the stairs which was like a spotlight stage.  He played the flute soothing everyone.

They clapped for him. He looked quiet polished. Well that was because he was. He was among the free slaves who were fortunate to land a job with zazi.

He was living under Crane protection.