【Chapter 40】

Author's POV~•••

"S-Sunbae, I don't think I can do that..." Y/N said, low but audible, Kai, beside her nodded in agreement.

Jimin sighed, kinda expected that. Namjoon—Zen or y/n's older brother or their seniors called him into their office, gave him four missions, and told him to hand them to any of his four juniors and guide them.

He thought he could give his new agents those missions as they weren't a very big deal and a good chance for them to learn more about everything. So, he gave the easiest two missions to Echo—y/n, and Shadow—Kai, respectively. He can give the other two to someone else with experience.

He thinks he could give another one to Yeonjun and Beomgyu together to work on. They both biker sometimes — well, they bicker a lot, but when it comes to work, they're pretty good, and knowing each other for some time, they would make a good team.

Similarly, the last one to the remaining two. The four took it happily and here, the two younger ones are arguing with him, telling him that they can't do it. Not actually arguing, they don't have the guts to do so, but still refusing.

"Agent Echo and Agent Shadow, you have to lead a mission either way, why don't try now with an easy one?" Jimin questioned, looking at them blankly.

"We know that sir but we finished our first mission just a few days ago, and we don't have much experience to lead one suddenly after that. What if we messed up somehow?" Kai said and that was very reasonable.

"Well, how are you going to get experience if you refused like that?" Jimin bit back immediately, making them both speechless.

"Sunbae-nim, that's not the thing, Actually...how about we do a mission under someone else first? Then after that, we can try leading one as well." Y/N suggested after a moment of silence and Kai nodded eagerly, making Jimin sigh.

"No." He refused straight forward, immediately. "You both are going to lead this one, whether you like it or not." He continued, in a tone that held no arguments.

The young agents looked at each other and then looked down at the ground, slowly nodding their heads, pouting, and looking like scolded children. Jimin sighed, biting back a fond smile at the sudden display of cuteness.

"Don't make that face, you have your Sunbae here whenever you need help or whenever you're stuck at any point." Jimin said, annoyed but his face gave some else expression.

Both heads shot up immediately, looking at him with wide, expecting eyes. "Really?"

"Yeah, yeah. Pick up the envelope and go, study the case, and come to me if you have any doubt." Jimin said, rolling his eyes and they both quickly nodded, picking up the big envelope, and bowing to him, two or three times.

"Thank you so much, Sir!"

Jimin nodded his head with a small low chuckle. They both bowed again, before walking out.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"So, done?" Jimin asked, looking at y/n, amused, making sure she was done with her all doubts.

"Yes, sir! Thank you so much." She bowed, sheepishly. "Sorry to trouble you, sir. I know I ask a lot of questions."

Jimin shook his head, smiling. "That's no problem, Echo. I'd be more troubled and mad if you did mistakes in the mission. Clear your all doubts and problems while you can. Moreover, this mission is for you all to learn."