CH.2

"I do worry, allow me to help you, in any shape or form" He said, giving the notepad back to Rin.

   Rin shivered slightly. He didn't want any help... He didn't need it......

   He doesn't want it.....

   Don't need the help......

  Right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Rin wrote down he doesn't need it, nor does he want it. Eddie once again, frowned. 

    "I'm only trying to help you" He said.

     Rin still looked away from the male. Eddie then wrote something on the notepad and gave it to Rin. Rin slowly took the notepad and read it. Rin looked at Eddie confused.

    "Just call me when you want any form of help" Eddie said. 

    Eddie stood up and walked off. Rin was surprised Eddie did that. He looked at the notepad and looked at the set of numbers. Rin wasn't sure if he should take him up on his offer. Mrs. Chen also offered to help, but Rin was stubborn to not let her.

    All he wanted was a safe place, and her little shop was perfect for that, so he asked if he could hang here for a safe place after warming up to her a bit, and she agreed. So, Rin was there, every day.

    Rin stuffed the notepad in his hoodie pocket and continued to eat the soup while reading a book. Mrs Chen had brought in some new books, Rin had instantly started to read those. Rin is a huge bookworm. Mrs. Chen was the one who started his love for books in the first place.

     Still tho... Rin couldn't help but feel guilty for making people say to rely on them if he needs help. It was a stupid thing to even think about staying there. But in all seriousness, who would adopt a 17 year old?

    Rin silently sighed as he gently closed the book. He didn't know what he wanted to do with his life. He had no goal, no schooling, he was learning best he could off of books Mrs. Chen offered. But even then, those weren't helpful.

    Rin was stuck, and he could figure. He sure as hell wasn't going far in life. Or anywhere for that matter. 

   "Rin?" Rin looked up to see Mrs. Chen.

   "Why not take a walk around the city? Take a breather, get some sun" She said. 

   Rin nodded, put the book away and the bowl away. Rin thanked her and said he'll be back shortly. Rin walked around the city, It was a fairly busy day in the city. Not that Rin minded, he walked past a T.V store, and thought he saw a familiar face on it. 

    His eyes slightly widened, it was none other than that person Mrs. Chen introduced him to. Eddie. Rin watched, turns out he is a reporter. He seemed to be a successful one at that. Rin decided to watch a bit, maybe see what Eddie does. 

    Rin knows Mrs. Chen ran a little store. Rin was the type of person that if you wanted to be friends with him, he wanted to know what type of person you are before Rin can decide if he wanted to hang out with you. 

    Rin slightly sighed, and walked off. He walked around getting some fresh air. A light wind blew through his hair, and Rin stopped walking to breathe in the nice and cool air of this sunny day. Rin had thought many things he could do, since he had a love for books, he has had thoughts to make his own stories.

     But Rin didn't know where to start. It was more complicated than it looked. He took another walk around the block when he walked back into Mrs. Chen's shop. He closed the door, and turned, but froze when a man had walked in, he held a gun to her, he had a mask on his face so Rin couldn't see who it was.