CH.19

"I see, if you want, I can help get you used to this place, what more to adjust quickly than with the help of somebody who knows the place?" He asked.

   "It sounds like you're tryna make friends" Rin said.

   "Maybe, I now know you won't be here long, but I'm sure you don't want to spend this year alone now do you?" He asked.

   Rin sighed, this was going to be somewhat troublesome... His attachment issues are gonna spike up... He's gonna end up being too attached to him, maybe... It wouldn't be so bad to be friends with someone his age.. Would it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Ryuji and Rin spoke on the swings for a bit. It was pleasing for them both.

    "I see, you were raised in a shrine? Somewhat?" Rin asked with a small smile.

   He nodded "Yea, what about you?" He asked.

   "I lived in a church along with Yukio up until I stayed in San Francisco." He said.

   He nodded, "What made you stay there?" He asked.

   Rin frowned, Ryuji took it as he asked something sensitive.

   "Sorry I asked, didn't know it-"

   "No, it's fine, well, long story short, I got lost and was taken to an Orphanage" He said.

   Ryuji seemed shocked, and he frowned "Sorry that happened to you, I couldn't imagine being taken from your family" He said.

   Rin smiled softly "That's why, you need to love and hold them before it's too late.. I... I had to come here, my adoptive father is still in San Francisco... And I have to wait for him..." He said.

    "I see" Ryuji wanted to know more, but he silenced himself, thinking Rin will tell him on his own, he just stared at him, thinking on what to say to hopefully comfort him. 

    Ryuji really wasn't good at comforting people. Rin sighed, and looked up at the sky, Rin's dark blue hair seemed to glow brighter, along with his eyes in the moonlight. 

    "I... I hope he's okay... He's dealing with so much right now..." Rin muttered, the sadness in his face, his voice, and his eyes, it showed how much he was upset. 

   "I'm sure he is" Ryuji looked away to look at the bright moon as well.

  The silence arose once again, and it was peaceful, calming, and content. The soft winds blew, hitting their face ever so gently, almost as if the wind was kissing their faces. How calming it was, Rin felt alive, he felt. Safe under the moonlight. 

    Other than Eddie, this nice, beautiful and cold night made him feel secure. Ryuji chuckled a bit, making Rin look at him confused.

    "Oh, sorry, it just, I've never seen someone who really enjoys the night" He said.

    "Ah, is that a bad thing?" Rin asked nervous.

   He shook his head "No, I quite enjoy it myself as well. I've never hung out with anyone else who enjoys it as much as I do" He said.

   Rin leaned forward, his confused face turned into a smile.

   "I know it's a bit much, but why not hang out every night? Or whenever you want?" Rin asked.

    "I see, so 'Midnight buddies'?" He asked with a smile.

    Rin smiled a bit wider "Yea, why not?" He said.