CH.18

"You want a whole floor to yourself?" Yukio asked.

     "I.. Guess" Rin said.

     Yukio said.

    "Alright, I'll let father know, go pick which one you want" Yukio said.

    Rin nodded and walked off to whichever floor his legs would take him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Rin settled in with the little stuff he has. He sat on the bedding with his knees pulled up to his chest. He felt so out of place here, he.... He started to tremble and shake.

    "I... I want to go home...." He cried to himself. 

   A knock on the door startled him. He looked at the door as it opened, revealing that Shiro walked in. He smiled warmly to Rin. He closed the door and sat next to Rin.

    "I know it may be hard to adjust, including when everything is so sudden" He started off.

   "I... I want Eddie.... He... Makes me feel better.." Rin said.

   Shiro sighed "I know, but he's dealing with some stuff that he doesn't want to involve you in." He said, patting Rin's back. 

   Rin knew that he was right, but he still wanted to stay with Eddie. Shiro sighed "Say, try to get some sleep, you can take the time to explore the area. You'll start your schooling next week" He said.

    Rin just nodded, not really caring anymore. Shiro didn't know what to do, normally he'd know what to do to cheer Rin up, but that was when he was a child. Rin was a teenager, and he didn't know what to do, or what'll make Rin better.

   "Do... You want something to eat before you go to bed?" Shiro asked.

   Rin shook his head no, he completely lost his appetite. Shiro nodded and stood up.

   "You can come find me if you need anything" Shiro said with a kind, fatherly smile.

   Rin had tears in his eyes "I... Need Eddie... I... I want my dad.." Rin buried his head in his knees. 

   Shiro felt a stab to his heart, but he calmed himself, thinking Rin was just overwhelmed. Shiro walked off, not knowing what to say to something like this. Rin laid down, covering himself in the thin blankets.

    For the first time in a while, he felt cold, scared, alone, and he wanted someone to hold him and say it's gonna be okay. But no one was there... He was left alone in this empty and cold room. 

[With Eddie and Venom]

   Eddie sat on the couch, the pillow and blanket neatly folded, just how Rin had it. Eddie felt like he hit rock bottom. He knew it was for Rin's safety, but he missed him terribly, and every inch of his fiber being wanted to get Rin back and say "I'm not letting you go". But he couldn't. 

   'Eddie, you need to sleep.'

   Eddie sighed "I know buddy, but it feels so weird to be here without Rin..." Eddie whispered, but Venom heard Eddie perfectly. 

   Venom agreed with Eddie. It did feel different, and neither of them liked it. 

  'Try to get some sleep, if you don't I'll personally knock you out'  Venom said.

   Eddie nodded, he stood up, locked the doors, windows, and turned the lights off and walked to his room. He quickly got changed and got into his bed. He tried to sleep, but it didn't work.